Could Crown win the Championship?

I have very much enjoyed watching Crowns program grow over the last few years. It is pretty exciting to see them doing so well this year. How cool would it be to see them in the top 3?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's absolutely necessary to have a phenomenal visual program to win, but I think it's necessary to have an integrated visual program. Random drill set to cool music just isn't enough anymore. If Crown has a weakness, I think their drill design is it. What's great for them, however, is their phenomenal guard, which certainly helps on the visual end of things. Is it enough to make up for what is, IMO, a lackluster drill? At least on some level, probably, and will contribute to (what I assume will be) Crown's record placement this year.

I hope I don't come across as a hater in this post, because I certainly do not hate Crown. I think what they're doing for the activity is great and I wish them the best.

I think they have a great integrated visual program. I think their drill is probably the 4th best on the field this year, behind Cavies, BD, and SCV, and probably a little above SCV in terms of execution. . I think their guard may be the best on the field this year. And I think their visual really fits the music. I am really excited to see Crown getting into the mix this year.

I think they have a great integrated visual program. I think their drill is probably the 4th best on the field this year, behind Cavies, BD, and SCV, and probably a little above SCV in terms of execution. . I think their guard may be the best on the field this year. And I think their visual really fits the music. I am really excited to see Crown getting into the mix this year.

I think crown already paid there dues last year! there is no way that show should have been 6th...it should have been third. i think dci is making up for it this year. crown has hit the nail on the head twice in a row. and good for them. if these designers in dci dont start programing their shows for the fans, moreso than just the judges. then drum corps will die. In a year where gas prices are up and everyone is broke, corps cant get down the road and feed their kids witout going into debt. its time to get people in the seats and paying ticket prices. I think what crown is doing is fantastic! and more groups should think about that for the sake of the life of this activity we all love!

I think crown already paid there dues last year! there is no way that show should have been 6th...it should have been third. i think dci is making up for it this year. crown has hit the nail on the head twice in a row. and good for them. if these designers in dci dont start programing their shows for the fans, moreso than just the judges. then drum corps will die. In a year where gas prices are up and everyone is broke, corps cant get down the road and feed their kids witout going into debt. its time to get people in the seats and paying ticket prices. I think what crown is doing is fantastic! and more groups should think about that for the sake of the life of this activity we all love!

I agree Crown has hit the nail on the head, and actually I would go 3 years in a row on that. I disagree about paying their dues. I don't think any corps should have to Pay Their Dues, so to speak. I think if a corps has the best show on the field at finals, they should win period, whether it be Santa Clara Vanguard, the longest top 12 corps in DCI, or Academy, the newest corps in World Class. I personally think there is too much talk among the judges, with it being said we can't let corps X beat corps Y, for whatever reasons. You honestly see that alot during the season, where you really feel one corps should be beating another corps in every aspect of competition, yet they are still falling short. Let's be honest, alot of us that follow corps have some musical or drum corps experience behind us. And sometimes looking at recaps, things just don't make sense.

Bravo.....

GB

Love and respect Crown, but, ain't gonna happen (unfortunately). It appears BD has already been choosen the winner. DCI is banking on the "battle for second" to produce some excitement. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Sorry, as Jerry Seinfield said, "when you come in second, no one lost bigger than you. Of all the losers, you came in first." Seeing Crown possibly end up in second does not make up for one of the "usual suspects" coming in first.

BD is in first because of DCI politics; it is in their comfort zone, or maybe Gibbs is paying them off. Maybe they owe him one for some business deal that sent DCI spiraling down in the 80s. Also, Crowns last 19 years of astounding achievement and success are all just a part of the initiation process. It is obvious that Crown is not allowed to contend unless they first place top 3.

c'mon guys

BD is a good corps. Instead of worrying about BD, Crown fans should probably worry about PR. I'm sure their members and staff are worrying about heat issues like all of the other teams right now. From what has been said about Crown and the little I know about them, I think that the most important thing to them is the way that the crowd responds every night, not scores and rankings. We are going to make this season special for them, it is not the judges responsibility.

Instead of worrying about BD, Crown fans should probably worry about PR. I'm sure their members and staff are worrying about heat issues like all of the other teams right now. From what has been said about Crown and the little I know about them, I think that the most important thing to them is the way that the crowd responds every night, not scores and rankings. We are going to make this season special for them, it is not the judges responsibility.

I'm not worried, and I'm a fan. Not about placements. Gas prices? Yes.

This season is special, and the crowd's responses are special. Medaling at DCI would be great, winning (under the system of subjective judging and the philosophy of competitive inertia) is something I would put as "highly improbable".

I think Crown is going to win, what do you think?

No, slotting.