Cavaliers 4th in GE Vis?

as I predicted, their easy, unoriginal, reshashed show will catch up with them. Oddly, they arent executing or performing that show that well either. Of all captions that Cavies consistently take, it's GE....their brass and percussion, for past 3 years, have only hung on by a thread, but their GE made up for it...oh well, times change...make room for new blood: Carolina Crown.

Yep. They suck. Same old, same old top three. Boring. By the end of the year, they'll barely make finals.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all captions that Cavies consistently take, it's GE....their brass and percussion, for past 3 years, have only hung on by a thread,

I hate feeding trolls, but... you do realize Cavaliers took high brass as recently as 2006, right?

I'm not ready to declare Cavies dead in the water quite yet... Blue Devils have the edge now, but much crazier things have happened than a one point advantage disappearing in a little less than three weeks' time.

I think people are underestimating the depth in Cavies' show. It doesn't hit you in the face like Devs, but there's a lot of room for subtle, clever elements, and I don't see any reason why those can't take shape late in the season.

I get a similar feel with this year's production that I got from Machine a couple years back. I don't think it's an impossibility that it might be enough to catch BD.

As for those that are saying it's boring, I'd disagree-- I'd say that it's more "atmospheric." I think it does a great job of setting a mood, and while I can't really recall any specific melodies from their show (like I can with Devs), I don't feel like I was any less entertained or connected with.

However it shakes out, the winners will be the fans.

Edited by Keith Laubhan

WOW, looked at the San Antonio recaps, and BOTH GE vis judges agreed that Cavaliers were 4th in that caption. This always seemed to me like a stalwart caption for the Cavs.

Having not seen their show yet I have to wonder: What is going on!?

Anyone have some analysis? Just too dirty at the moment to be enjoyable? Design really not up to par? “Real” beginning, middle and end not put in yet? What?

Are the Cavies in trouble? Will they really be challenging Devs. come August.

PS: I love Cavaliers, but thought this sensationalist style of post might add more tension to an already nail-biting season! : )

And BD 4th in Music Ensemble, with one judge placing them 5th in music ensemble. It's clear that both the Cavies and BD have work to do, as these captions are usually ones they most consistently do well in.