Why is it...?

Actually, I think fans may be a little tired of the champion only coming from the "big 3 club" of Cavs, BD, and Cadets. All 3 are consistently solid corps year after year, but perhaps not always the best? I know that 2 years ago myself and more than a few people felt Phantom was clearly better than Cavs. This year, for me, the two best products are sitting in 3rd and 4th at the moment respectively (Crown/Phantom).

I have tremendous respect for the Blue Devils. I thought they were strong last year, although I felt the Cadets were slightly stronger, especially musically. Whereas I still feel they are a strong corps, I find their current musical products to not be up to the same calibre as some of their past products.... (things like Channel One, 'Ya Gotta Try, and even the Gangster Chronicles immediately come to mind). That said, they do what they do very well, no doubt. I will say that even if I do not like the arrangements, there is some demand there....much more than Cavaliers, who I feel have been given many undeserved musical "brownie points" for years now. I do believe Crown and Phantom have to be shrugging their shoulders with their musical scores, as I think both are superior to the rest of the world, but scores have fluctuated, and even when they do win music, which has happened several times this year, it is by a whisker, which is what I take issue to.....

At any rate, nothing against BD, but it would be good for the activity if a new and deserved champion came from outside "the big 3 club".

GB

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guilty of this myself...but...

Yeah there is a lot of complaints about BD's show, but I think almost everybody here realizes that the level of execution they are performing at is amazing. People complain about shows all the time, but from what I can see there is as much positive as negative posts about BD.

And if you're talking about BD, I think Cadets have gotten much harsh treatment on this board.

Dont worry, I think Cavies have sucked royally since 2006. Its ashame that the real talent of their staff is gone now and they re-staffed with status quo.

<throwing rotten tomatoes>

You put that same show on the field with any other corps uniform and the result would be the same.

That I would love to see, but I highly doubt the Blue Coats would be getting the "love" BD is getting for that same show. Look, BD has had some great show and some dogs, like all corps. But, IMO, even the dog shows got more "love" than they should have (2005). Is this show a dog, maybe not to you, and certainly not the judges. I don't have to know a melody to like it. I just did not find a melodic line to follow with their show. My concern, BD wins and we have more of these so called "state of the art" shows that are more of a "Blast" perormance than they are a drum corps show. If I want Blast, I'll go see Blast. Please don't bring it to the drum corps field.

That I would love to see, but I highly doubt the Blue Coats would be getting the "love" BD is getting for that same show. Look, BD has had some great show and some dogs, like all corps. But, IMO, even the dog shows got more "love" than they should have (2005). Is this show a dog, maybe not to you, and certainly not the judges. I don't have to know a melody to like it. I just did not find a melodic line to follow with their show. My concern, BD wins and we have more of these so called "state of the art" shows that are more of a "Blast" perormance than they are a drum corps show. If I want Blast, I'll go see Blast. Please don't bring it to the drum corps field.

were you reading these boards in 2005....all they got was yowza yowza yowza jokes. they werent getting love hardly at all that year.

Exactly. "chat" might want to consider less "chatting"

Yeah, because you never say anything harsh about other corps. :unsure:

Ah, TX - another ray of sunshine! Thanks for brightening our day again! :unsure:

In other words, you have no defense for the irony in your posts?

In other words, you have no defense for the irony in your posts?

Ah, TX - another ray of sunshine! Thanks for brightening our day again! :unsure:

Ok - I'll play. My problem with "chat's" post is that he outright said that the Cavies suck. I have poked fun at your beloved Cadets, and I have slammed Hoppy many times but I have never done that. There is no irony here. You are looking for controversy where there is none.