Scores after 7/21

I think DCI01GUY went to bed early tonight and his

Colts became the 12th corps to break 80.

Scores following 7/21 shows:

1) Blue Devils 92.45

2) Cavies 91.25

3) Cadets 90.60

4) Crown 90.45

5) Phantom 90.30

6) Bluecoats 88.05

7) SCV 88.00

8) Blue Knights 84.85

9) Blue Stars 83.35

10) Boston 82.60

11) Glassmen 81.75

12) Colts 80.20

13) Spirit 79.65

14) Crossmen 78.70

15) Scouts 78.05

16) Pacific Crest 77.65

17) Troopers 77.10

18) Mandarins 74.15

19) Academy 72.8

20) Pioneer 69.10

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think DCI01GUY went to bed early tonight and his

Colts became the 12th corps to break 80.

And looking at the recap - most notably the percussion score - the colts really should be scoring close to a point higher. A 14.9 in drums? ouch. They scored a 14.7 in drums exactly 2 weeks ago. If that drumline could clean up, it could push the Colts into finals with room to spare. Just my .02

So what's up with Academy this year? I haven't seen their show yet. They did so well last season. I honestly expected to see them higher in the standings than they are right now? Could it be that the rigors of a full tour schedule are taking their toll? Or is it show design? Does anyone have some insight?

Discuss.

So what's up with Academy this year? I haven't seen their show yet. They did so well last season. I honestly expected to see them higher in the standings than they are right now? Could it be that the rigors of a full tour schedule are taking their toll? Or is it show design? Does anyone have some insight?

Discuss.

honeymoon is over.

I think the general consensus is their brass book is too hard, and their visual is very lacking.

Discuss.

1. They're not doing a full tour. They basically took two weeks off of touring.

2. Show concept and visual design has problems.

3. Troopers and PC are just better?

I hope I don't get dogged for going slightly off topic here, but with the loss of a few corps like Cascades, Magic, Kiwanis, Southwind and some others, is there any reason to eliminate the bottom THREE corps from competing in the semi finals? I don't know if it was ever discussed, but it seems to me that cutting from 20 down to 17 from quarters to semis seems a bit of an overkill. I know it has always been top 17 in semi-finals, but couldn't whoever ends up in those bottom 3 get just one more chance to perform? I know it's a competition and it's an elimination process from ?? number to 17 to 12. But if there were 25 or 26 corps in world class I understand. But 20 down to 17?

I don't know. Maybe I'm way off for bringing that up. I just noticed the way the scores were laid out by the OP, and although it's too soon to count those bottom 3 out, it would be nice for them to know that quarterfinals wouldn't be their last performance. It would be bad for them to think that of course, but for the sake of performance and another opportunity for the members and fans alike, I think it would be worth it to extend the semi's line-up for their sake since there are so few at the bottom.

Edited by PepsiTwist

1. They're not doing a full tour. They basically took two weeks off of touring.

Yeah because 9 days pretty much means not touring. :tongue: Guess what every corps takes breaks for making some changes!! And if you think that they "basically" stopped practicing then you have serious problems! Touring does not mean shows every day or every other day, but as long as you are working on the road.

Not doing a full tour? Looks like they're doing DCI West, DCI Southwest, DCI Southeast, and DCI East! More shows than last year, but I'm guessing you didn't even care to look at how many shows they are performing at more this year than last.

By the way, BK took 8 days off! Cavies took 5 days off! Same with Madison! Mandarins took 7 days off! PC also took 7 days off! Pioneer took 7 days off! Not 9 days but that's still a long time with no shows! They basically took a week off of touring.

And no Troopers and PC are not just better, look at the recaps! Academy's brass and percussion are doing well given the difficult of their books, if it were easier they'd have an even higher score. It's their design.

edit: 9 days, not 11 days.

Edited by AzEuph

I hope I don't get dogged for going slightly off topic here, but with the loss of a few corps like Cascades, Magic, Kiwanis, Southwind and some others, is there any reason to eliminate the bottom THREE corps from competing in the semi finals? I don't know if it was ever discussed, but it seems to me that cutting from 20 down to 17 from quarters to semis seems a bit of an overkill. I know it has always been top 17 in semi-finals, but couldn't whoever ends up in those bottom 3 get just one more chance to perform? I know it's a competition and it's an elimination process from ?? number to 17 to 12. But if there were 25 or 26 corps in world class I understand. But 20 down to 17?

I don't know. Maybe I'm way off for bringing that up. I just noticed the way the scores were laid out by the OP, and although it's too soon to count those bottom 3 out, it would be nice for them to know that quarterfinals wouldn't be their last performance. It would be bad for them to think that of course, but for the sake of performance and another opportunity for the members and fans alike, I think it would be worth it to extend the semi's line-up for their sake since there are so few at the bottom.

As a member of a corps that wasn't guaranteed marching in Semis every year I marched, I take exception to this. If that's the case, why not just let everyone march finals? I mean, it's only 8 more corps. Semis is worked for and earned just as hard as finals is, and I think it would cheapen the experience of the corps who worked hard to get there, and the corps that you're just "letting in." 17 means 17 and groups are still working hard to get there, regardless of how many corps they are competing against.

Have to agree with the last poster...I also don't believe in letting everyone win at teeball....

Yeah because 11 days pretty much means not touring. :tongue: Guess what every corps takes breaks for making some changes!! And if you think that they "basically" stopped practicing then you have serious problems! Touring does not mean shows every day or every other day, but as long as you are working on the road.

Not doing a full tour? Looks like they're doing DCI West, DCI Southwest, DCI Southeast, and DCI East! More shows than last year, but I'm guessing you didn't even care to look at how many shows they are performing at more this year than last.

By the way, BK took 8 days off! Cavies took 5 days off! Same with Madison! Mandarins took 7 days off! PC also took 7 days off! Pioneer took 7 days off! Not 11 days but that's still a long time with no shows! They basically took a week off of touring.

And no Troopers and PC are not just better, look at the recaps! Academy's brass and percussion are doing well given the difficult of their books, if it were easier they'd have an even higher score. It's their design.

I believe the difference was that the Academy took 2 weeks to do a stage production and not work at the show. Yes corps take days off, but to work on the show, not do something completely different. I personally think it's why the Academy isn't scoring as well. It's not neccessarily a bad thing, just i believe that those 2 weeks hurt them in the long run..and it makes perfect sense for it to be that way.