Regrets... I have a few

Me.........................

In the late 80's I so wanted to march Phantom regiment because their style, their music, the whole embodiement was who I was as a person. In 1988 I won a scholarship to study music from the Marines, and I enlisted . I was a musiician, teacher and ajudiacvtor since then to the present........

I will ALWAYS regret never being able to march Regiment, today, tomorrow..... always

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me.........................

In the late 80's I so wanted to march Phantom regiment because their style, their music, the whole embodiement was who I was as a person. In 1988 I won a scholarship to study music from the Marines, and I enlisted . I was a musiician, teacher and ajudiacvtor since then to the present........

I will ALWAYS regret never being able to march Regiment, today, tomorrow..... always

Not marching my age-out year in '76.

Getting sick and not marching DCA with Rochester Crusaders last year (my intended "old-age out" year).....

Edited by kusankusho

Being born in 1971 and not finding out about Drum Corps until 1988...would have marched much longer than 3 years.

In fact, I may have tried out for Star '93 had I another year to march seeing as how I went to college in Indiana. Considering how obsessed I was with playing at the time, I think I would have had a decent shot of making it. Especially after being tech'd by a Cadets alum in '92. That really prepared me for the big time. Cadets guys...they don't fool around :)

Edited by atlvalet

I'm only 17 right now, so I still have 4 years to march corps. But I DO regret not taking drumming seriously earlier on in life so that I could have been better and began marching corps when I was younger like one of my friends. (15)

Edited by Mike_L

Way back in 1983 I met a few members of Garfield at a marching band contest at my local high school (Durand, MI). Got to talking with them and exchanged phone numbers because I so wanted to march Garfield in 1984. Sure enough a few weeks before the first camp in November my phone rang wanting to know if I was still interested and wanted to hitch a ride with them to the camp. For some unknown reason that I can t even remember, I didn't go and did not march.

Fast forward 3 years, I finally make it down to the first few camps for Garfield's 1987 season. I make the baritone line on first part. I go to a few more camps and end up not marching again.

I have regretted both of those decisions every single day of my life since then. :(

Not marching again after my final season in 1981, when I was still only 18.