Cinecast Cancellations

Well I did a quick check and the next big film scheduled to come out at the time is the third installment of the Mummy franchise:

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (release Aug. 1).

Maybe they're making room for Pineapple Express and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 that open August 6.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could have something to do with The Countdown not working. I bought a ticket early for that, got there and they said they cancelled it because it was not working right at the start, so they turned down everyone for it that night. Malco here in Madison seems to have problems all the time.

If you want to make the trip up to Memphis, TN, they are actually having the cinecast shown there. I'm excited about it and am going since I can't make finals this year. I hope they don't cancel that one.

I can't make it to any shows since gas prices are so high and the price of tickets for these big events are a little steep to me. But I'll pay good money to see the top 17 on the screen up the street. :tongue:

They NEVER show any drum corps, in any theater in Canada...... :tongue:

.....so quit your griping !! :hehe:

Is that DCIs fault or the theatres in Canada? IS there a mechanism to deliver the product in Canada? I've only seen a movie in New Brunswick and there wasn't a satellite there. So it would be something to persue.

A bit off topic, but IMO, these cinecasts (countdowns and quarterfinals) are much better use of DCI resources than ESPN2. I go to theaters, but I don't ever have ESPN2 on. Does anyone know if DCI sends posters to theaters that subscribe so that theater goers will know something different is coming to the theater?

Is that DCIs fault or the theatres in Canada? IS there a mechanism to deliver the product in Canada? I've only seen a movie in New Brunswick and there wasn't a satellite there. So it would be something to persue.

I belive that a guy called Bedford has tried, maybe he'll come on here and tell us his findings !!