Can Phantom win?

Today I am going over to a friends house to watch the show on fan network, my first time since being at Stanford on 7/5. My big concern from looking at the recaps is the guard score which is tied with the visual. What a re the judges not liking? I must admit I was very impressed with what BD was doing and there are times when it seems the PR guard just doesn't have as many moves and skills displayed in the show. This muight be a trade off when doing a themed show. The guard has to spend time telling the story and that can't always be done with a flag or sabre flying around your head.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for gunplay. I agree that they have as good a shot.

It isn't my favourite Cavaliers show of the last decade, but it's sitting in 2nd place right now with some cleaning to do....I'd say they have a better shot at the title than Regiment does.

Well IMHO I saw PR"S show last night in Atlanta and they were the best that I've seen all season!!!as far as their show is concerned I feel that somthing is missing???. I watched them perform and they seem bland lacking color. I know that Spartacus went against the Roman Empire well the Roman Empire was very colorful. So where's all the reds and purples??? they should at least have red sashes or how about the use of their old red capes especially when they form the ranks of the Roman Army as far as the other Bold colors the Color Guard can handle that. This is just one of the reasons I think that PR'S show is not winning. Lets see what happens!!!!!!

So you can really see them pushing the Cavs aside on the night where the Cavs opened up the gap between themselves and Phantom...?

Yes I can. I don't see Cavies taking their show any further, while Phantom still has potential to max out.

This year's Cavies show is every other year's Cavies show in a nice homogenous package ... Phantom's show steps outside of the box.

So the Cavaliers show has peaked?We wre at Hillsboro Mo practice and I can tell you the Cavaliers have a lot of room to clean this show.The brass is not going to stay in 5th and the GE score will improve.It's way to early to count the Cavaliers out.If you counting the Cavaliers out you don't know the origazation.I continue to be amazed by the analysis of drum corp on this site.Good luck to both BD and PR,but to dismiss the Cavaliers at this point does't make sense to me.

So the Cavaliers show has peaked?We wre at Hillsboro Mo practice and I can tell you the Cavaliers have a lot of room to clean this show.The brass is not going to stay in 5th and the GE score will improve.It's way to early to count the Cavaliers out.If you counting the Cavaliers out you don't know the origazation.I continue to be amazed by the analysis of drum corp on this site.Good luck to both BD and PR,but to dismiss the Cavaliers at this point does't make sense to me.

I agree. There is plenty of cleaning to do for ALL the corps. Cavaliers do what the Cavaliers do best. They put on a SHOW. Athletes with instruments.....I love it.

After seeing the top 8 in Murf, I say Regiment can win. BD is not invincible! Don't count CAVIES out either. BD's guard is the difference-maker right now.

Agree - they have not peaked and probably won't until finals night - Cavaliers put in their new ending in Hillsboro, added a ton of visuals re-wrote a bunch of music and had to do it while fighting the weather the entire time they were there. Not to mention, they then had two very long drives a head of them going to MTSU and then to Atlanta. I would say a little tired, plus it takes more than two days to clean the amount of stuff they put in over those three days. OMG - I've never seen so many changes. Also, they are not done adding, making changes, etc.... DO NOT COUNT THEM OUT - REMEMBER 2004????

Edited by Nice Guy

Agree - they have not peaked and probably won't until finals night - Cavaliers put in their new ending in Hillsboro, added a ton of visuals re-wrote a bunch of music and had to do it while fighting the weather the entire time they were there. Not to mention, they then had two very long drives a head of them going to MTSU and then to Atlanta. I would say a little tired, plus it takes more than two days to clean the amount of stuff they put in over those three days. OMG - I've never seen so many changes. Also, they are not done adding, making changes, etc.... DO NOT COUNT THEM OUT - REMEMBER 2004????

I thought this topic was about Phantom Regiment winning? It has gone off topic. :tongue:

OK, so my worry about the show is a bit confirmed after reviewing the high cam video of the Atlanta show. The PR Guard just does not spend as much time working with equipment as the other top 5. Don't we think this is a bad thing. That aside I do think PR can and I say will win it this year becasue they will pull out all the stops on the last week like we know they can.

I thought this topic was about Phantom Regiment winning? It has gone off topic. :worthy:

Sorry :tongue: I was just responding to the post. In defense though, it is relevant to the original post. The question was; "Can Phantom Win?" The information provided in my reply, IMHO, shows that with due cleaning, it will be tough for Phantom to beat the Cavaliers, which answers the question: NO.