Can Phantom win?

Of course they can.

and right now, its anyones ballgame.

I think 4 corps have a real shot. All 4 will bring it, all 4 will be worthy of a championship any other year, and 1 will be on top.

MUCH larger spreads than this have been overcome with the time left in the year.

I love Devils personally, but i also love pretty much the current top 7 and a few others.

I wont complain no matter who wins. The nature of this beast is "on any given night...".

Phantom could win on friday and not on saturday, if there was one more week, 2 or 3 others might creep in... who knows.

VERY Exciting stuff this year!

Div2 is starting to look a little more exciting too! (i know... wrong forum), but what once looked like a "One horse race" (at least to the people on the east coast), i have a feeling there couldb e some fireworks!

Tony

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown does have a tendency to drop a place or two in Finals week.

Since when. 2006 is the only year in recent history I remember Crown dropping a place. I do not see Crown finishing any other place but 4th at finals. They have a tremendous show. Should be 3rd (IMO), with Cavies 4th.

Regiment better win. It is hands down the best show on the field this year. IMO Regiment has the best music, Vanguard the best drill, but Regiment has the total package. I've never pulled for Regiment to win, but I am this year.

Edited by gellio

I absolutely don't understand how Phantom loses GE Music to ANYONE, and they lost it last night by .4.

I agree. I've never understood GE judging. How the heck did Phantom win GE Visual in '06? How the heck did Cavies win GE Music in '06? IMO it should have been switched. Regiment has without compare the best musical program this year - Crown 2nd. BD and Cavies - BORING!

Look, it's simple really, mask the feet problems by going to black pants. Cavies didn't win DCI until they got rid of that excessively wide "white stripe" down the side, and you haven't seen it since. White exposes far more than black, it’s just unfortunate that instead of the judges actually giving them credit for choosing to expose errors (rather than hide behind black), they hack them apart. In white, you have to be ten times cleaner than corps wearing black, IMO. Besides, the Roman legion didn't wear white pants! IMO, stick the Regiment in Stars 1991 stye uniforms (sans the white pants) and BD would be looking up at them like a slave to its master.

It could happen. I really think that they have something more to show. Maybe they will come out in black for finals!!!!

I agree. I've never understood GE judging. How the heck did Phantom win GE Visual in '06? How the heck did Cavies win GE Music in '06? IMO it should have been switched. Regiment has without compare the best musical program this year - Crown 2nd. BD and Cavies - BORING!

I believe that they won 'field' visual in '06. That is strictly an execution caption - how well are you executing, does not consider design (as much), I believe.

Statements like this make me think a lot of people have no idea what GE is. I like Phantom's music program the best out of any corps this year, too, for the record.

no, no and no

they won't win, its already over for them, I don't think they see Blue Devils til finals week and if they have not beaten them yet, they won't then

and when is the last time they beat Cavies, oh yeah, 1997, 11 years ago

geez....you guys sound almost like Crown fans

Remember hope is more like a wish than a reality

no, no and no

they won't win, its already over for them, I don't think they see Blue Devils til finals week and if they have not beaten them yet, they won't then

I think people felt the same thing in 96, especially since 2 weeks before finals, PR was pretty consistently quite a LOT more than 1.6 behind the first place corps.

I see a lot of similarities this year for PR compared to 96. Stellar music program (with even better percussion than in 96), but not a hugely strong visual package, and it still has a lot of dirt to clean. 1.6 (and closing) isn't really that big of a margin to overcome in 2 weeks is all I'm saying.