Can Phantom win?

SUTA to the kids for taking their heritage seriouly and being very intense in rehearsal. I very much enjoyed the energy and discipline they displayed in Nashville.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantom can win but they won't. BD will win with a 98.90, and Phantom will get 2nd with a 98.80 adding to their unfortunate string of never quite getting by BD to win Finals. That would be a perfect end to this years season.

For Who? Are you saying this as a No. Cal fan or a drum corps fan?

Phantom is superior to Devs and Cavs musically. If they sweep the musical captions and can narrow the visual gap, they can win. I thought their drill is fine, but they have to nail it. I wouldn't count Crown out, either, as their situation is similar....

GB

Can Phantom win? Yes. Will they? I think so. I have my gut feeling that they'll pull it off.

However, in the event they do not win, I don't want to hear any complaining.

For Who? Are you saying this as a No. Cal fan or a drum corps fan?

Naw, I think he is just refering to Phantom always being the bridesmaid. Because everyone in the whole wide world wants Phantom to win. Right? Right? RIGHT???

I'm more worried about Crown winning than Phantom. However, Crown does have a tendency to drop a place or two in Finals week.

I've been so Praying for Phantom. Please Phantom Please win. I would be so happy. Please touch 'em Lord. :tongue:

Looking at last night's recap, GE was a bigger problem than was Visual.

Looking at the recap from Atlanta three nights ago, visual was a distant 5th place and over a point down to BD. But the Regiment pulled those numbers up...colorguard was only .3 down instead of .8. Visual Ensemble remained unchanged at -.7, and the spread in Visual Performance was cut by .2.

While Phantom continues to win the Music captin by the narrowest of margins, these little improvements in their Visual scores will help them gain ground. But the GE scores fell somewhat last night...Overall GE fell from being only .35 down to being a full point down. I absolutely don't understand how Phantom loses GE Music to ANYONE, and they lost it last night by .4.