why would Phantom win this year...

I saw a comment in another thread that this show has a better shot to win than 2006. Do any others feel that way?

I love the 2008 version of PR, but 2006 would be tough to beat.

Plus I think 2008 BD has a better show than 2006 Cavies.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree and disagree at the same time. i agree that bd has a better show this year but im not sure about the PR part but that mostly has to do with them ruining mahler for me cuz that should never be played anywhere but an symphony concert hall but thats another topic lol.

i agree and disagree at the same time. i agree that bd has a better show this year but im not sure about the PR part but that mostly has to do with them ruining mahler for me cuz that should never be played anywhere but an symphony concert hall but thats another topic lol.

If we're going to get picky, I think that music from Sweeney Todd should never be played anywhere but a stage. And music from the Godfather should be relegated to the movie or TV screen. And Stan Kenton music should be relegated to the Big Band stage. :laughing:

Mahler is overrated. :worthy:

Go listen to more Schwantner, Glass, and Prokofiev.

If we're going to get picky, I think that music from Sweeney Todd should never be played anywhere but a stage. And music from the Godfather should be relegated to the movie or TV screen. And Stan Kenton music should be relegated to the Big Band stage. :laughing:

Mahler is overrated. :worthy:

Go listen to more Schwantner, Glass, and Prokofiev.

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

Mahlerist. :laughing:

i dont trust people who are

A) Vegetarian ( seriously we have incisors for a reason people lol)

B) dont like seinfeld (Really...i mean really? how can you not)

and...

C) people who dont like mahler ( he's maybe the besssst (ya thats a quote from nacho libre lol))

i think it's a great topic--- for those thinking that phantom can win it all- 2006 seems to be about on par with 2008 for them in terms of quality--- I do think they've got a real shot at 2nd place and that they are done scoring behind crown for the rest of the season now...(let it be known that I called the phantom over crown upset before the show even started!)...buuuut I don't think they can win

i dont trust people who are

A) Vegetarian ( seriously we have incisors for a reason people lol)

B) dont like seinfeld (Really...i mean really? how can you not)

and...

C) people who dont like mahler ( he's maybe the besssst (ya thats a quote from nacho libre lol))

I own everything Mahler ever wrote (recordings that is). And I own the scores to all of his symphonies, as well as some other random things here and there.

I like Mahler. But face it, man...he is overrated. Everyone acts like he's some sort of God of Music...

He's a great composer. He was a good conductor. I like his symphonies (some of them, anyhow....particularly 2, 4, 5, and 6).

But he's O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D. :worthy:

P.S. I am also a vegan who has never seen a Seinfeld episode.

P.P.S. Ok, that's not true. I was just being ridicuRous. :laughing: