Jacksonville Juicebar

The Scouts are still hanging in there. :tongue:

Hanging in there? They are now in 11th place!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the abridged version of it...PM me if you want the full thing

This was in 2004. We had drill changes put in the night before, a lot more effective and dangerous that the previous version. The final set of "Threshing Machines" was a diamond that condensed into a tight rectangular block. Well, we do the actual show and things go fine up until the final set. As I hit my final set right on the X of the middle field, one of the contras ends up 3 steps off their dot and backs into my horn bell... The bell gets crunched, my lip splits open, and the last thing I remember was the cutoff of the final note before I went unconscious. About 20 secs later (as the staff tells me) I wake up with a mouthful of blood, spit it out on the X. Then grab the bashed horn and shako when came loose, march back to my spot and finish the show. I basically ran the final few minutes of that show on anger or I would have come off the field. :tongue:

Thanks, that is a great story! Will you be doing standings tonight?

Go Colts!

Ok..Not what I expected after seeing the show tonight..And I would also like to thank Spirit's pit for warming up right outside the gate during Madison, Colts, and SCV..Hope they got a penalty because it was very annoying to hear them warming up during those shows..

This thread reminded me of something that I noticed at the San Antonio show, and also on Spirit's website. Has the official affiliation between Spirit and JSU ended as I noticed that neither the program nor the announcement said "Spirit from JSU", just "Spirit". Even the website makes no mention of JSU except for the link to JSU. I believe they are still based there for practice but surprised JSU is not part of the name anymore.

Hanging??? I think they're doing more than just "hanging in there"... The Men of Madison are on a roll!

GO SCOUTS!!!!!

I was very impressed with Madison tonight..They were on fire and the crowd loved it!

PS..Should also note that Spirit's battery was just smoking..Wow

Edited by Feathers Up

This thread reminded me of something that I noticed at the San Antonio show, and also on Spirit's website. Has the official affiliation between Spirit and JSU ended as I noticed that neither the program nor the announcement said "Spirit from JSU", just "Spirit". Even the website makes no mention of JSU except for the link to JSU. I believe they are still based there for practice but surprised JSU is not part of the name anymore.

You are correct that Spirit is not officially affiliated with JSU in a professional manner anymore, yet the two just agreed to terms for practice facilities. It's a truly great practice site with a great stadium and new turf. The two are still a very close knit family and always have been. JSU has fed a number of corps, and vice versa, like Spirit (of Atlanta), Cavaliers, Cadets, Southwind, Madison, Blue Knights, Santa Clara, Crown, Suncoast, just to name a few...

....kinda gives me an idea to create a topic to closely match the drum corps' closest twin college or university...

Edited by jsualumnus

I was very impressed with Madison tonight..They were on fire and the crowd loved it!

PS..Should also note that Spirit's battery was just smoking..Wow

Amen for the Spirit battery shout out. I was talking with a person very closely tied to their drumline yesterday, no names, that said the drumline could be getting better scores, but has been told by a ...uhh-hemmm...judge, that because they were "Spirit" that couldn't happen. ...that the 'rest of the corps wasn't "there"'....

sorry for anyone that blasts this comment....just what I know.

Hanging in there? They are now in 11th place!

10th :tongue: