bluecoats narration

George has been cutting a lot of the narration out of the show and....####!!! Wrong thread....again!

K, that made me laugh Red Bull out of my nose!

Seems like Bluecoats did a pretty solid thing. They gave the audience narration for half of the season so everyone gets the idea, and then they took it out for DVD Season, and enough people are out there now that can explain what's going on to those who don't get it.

Good job Bloo!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At Port Huron the microphones must not have been working, because I didn't hear a word of narration. However I understood the show perfectly. I don't really mind the narration too much in this show, but the story can be told just fine with out a single word.

They really need some help. EVERY show I have seen them in has had TECHNICAL difficulties. How technical is it? You plug a mic into a sound board, turn volume up, WALAAAHHHH sound. If it doesn't work over and over and over, then DCI needs to penalize them for having dirt in their show, or maybe, just maybe, YOU FIX IT. Live by the sword..........

Boo, who needs it. Get the hint already. Narration doesnt work, get rid of it.

Geoffrey

What's funny is that noone (hardly) even cares what the bluecoats do with narration. Cadets have a show or two every year where the mics dont work and it's like someone like dcp's collective hair on fire. Bluecoats cant get it right more than half the time, and it hardly gets a mention. :huh:

What's funny is that noone (hardly) even cares what the bluecoats do with narration. Cadets have a show or two every year where the mics dont work and it's like someone like dcp's collective hair on fire. Bluecoats cant get it right more than half the time, and it hardly gets a mention. :huh:

I know, I guess, in reality, Cadets are always a threat , should they win with a show full of voice, many fear the trend will pick up ?? Plus, they are so adamant, in their directors philosophy that its going to be used, no matter if it works or not, is good or not, and to heck with what the fans think...just my opinion.

Geoffrey

We stopped in to visit our daughter this after noon at Centerville and ran into Dave Glasgow. He said the narration is still in. There were just some technical difficulties the last couple of shows.

They were having problems in Denton, too. I'm not sure if that was due to equipment or a very strong cross wind. I like Blooo's offerings the last two years with the narration--very tasteful, so to speak. But the narration this year sounded like the bullhorn all last year. Maybe that's why they took it out--to fix equipment??

I know, I guess, in reality, Cadets are always a threat , should they win with a show full of voice, many fear the trend will pick up ?? Plus, they are so adamant, in their directors philosophy that its going to be used, no matter if it works or not, is good or not, and to heck with what the fans think...just my opinion.

Geoffrey

I guess what I'm really saying is that George has pushed the envelope so hard and so far that people are pretty much free to swim in his wake unnoticed. Does anyone really care about amping the pit anymore?? A line of narration here or there? Mics that never work?? Unamped vocals?? These things used to be hotbutton issues, but nowadays you can only find a few hard liners that maintain their stand. For the most part its..."well, if its going to be done, I just wish it was done well".

In a way, George has already won... :tongue: