2008...An Interesting Season

Some things happening this season that brings excitement to DCA

Kilties ranked 8th, great job!

Class A is exciting and can't wait to see how the Sun Devils do after a long lay off for rehearsals.

Wondering why Crusaders haven't jumped in score like everyone else.

MCL....like Kilties, where did they come from?

No doubt Bucs have it this year.

White Sabres in striking distance of Crusaders, I would have never thought that. Way to go!

Upstate NY is "representin'" Do I sound like a homey?

Where will MBI and Renegades fit in to Championships?

WHAT A DRUM CORPS SEASON!!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Upstate NY is "representin'" Do I sound like a homey?

don't take offense to this, but i want to clear this up since it really annoys people from here. It's not "upstate new york," it's "central new york." sorry, but it's not upstate until you reach around the adirondacks.

Edited by eveinot

don't take offense to this, but i want to clear this up since it really annoys people from here. It's not "upstate new york," it's "central new york." sorry, but it's not upstate until you reach around the adirondacks.

and may i say for the record... last weekend was the first time in three seasons that the brigs beat bush

Edited by eveinot

and may i say for the record... last weekend was the first time in three seasons that the brigs beat bush

actually from rochester to buffalo is western , ny. so let's really get it straight so as not to annoy people.

the rochester corps are really underperforming. there seems to be a wave of change afoot in DCA except that reading keeps winning. should be a great and exciting finals.

actually from rochester to buffalo is western , ny. so let's really get it straight so as not to annoy people.

the rochester corps are really underperforming. there seems to be a wave of change afoot in DCA except that reading keeps winning. should be a great and exciting finals.

brigs are from syracuse... let's just simplify it and say the entire state?

it's not upstate until you reach around the adirondacks.

Is that somewhere in Jersey? (just kidding)

Kilties 8th, good to know. Although at one point in 2006 they were ahead of the Renegades and 7th iirc. So I wouldn't make any assumptions just yet. Although with only 12 Open Class Corps going for ten spots, the odds are much better this year.

brigs are from syracuse... let's just simplify it and say the entire state?

keith was talking about the rochester corps mostly. yeah cuse is central ny. your right let's just say NEWW YORK STATE. that's cool.

eveinot said:

"don't take offense to this, but i want to clear this up since it really annoys people from here. It's not "upstate new york," it's "central new york." sorry, but it's not upstate until you reach around the adirondacks."

Whoa! Easy there. I doubt they meant anything personal by that. It's just semantics.

"Upstate" is a very relative term, depending on where you're located. To many people in the five boroughs of NYC, anything north of the Bronx is considered "upstate!" By the time you reach the Adirondacks, you're not only "way upstate," you're in God's Country!

To me, 'upstate' begins in Rockland and Orange County, long before you even approach Binghamton, Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo, so anything north of there qualifies, whether it be central NY, western NY, etc.

But then, even though I'm in Queens, 'the city' is understood by most in our neighborhood to be Manhattan only. Go figure.

Oh, and we haven't even considered that ugly term 'downstate!' LOL!

eveinot said:

"don't take offense to this, but i want to clear this up since it really annoys people from here. It's not "upstate new york," it's "central new york." sorry, but it's not upstate until you reach around the adirondacks."

Whoa! Easy there. I doubt they meant anything personal by that. It's just semantics.

"Upstate" is a very relative term, depending on where you're located. To many people in the five boroughs of NYC, anything north of the Bronx is considered "upstate!" By the time you reach the Adirondacks, you're not only "way upstate," you're in God's Country!

exactly!

Westchester was upstate when i was growing up in Brooklyn!

:huh:

For me, the definition of "Upstate" changes with my location. If I'm in NYS, I can tell people I'm from Central New York. Outside of NYS, it's easier to say I'm from Upstate New York to distinguish the difference between Syracuse and New York City.

Ah, well...tomato, to-mah-to...

Back on topic: it is shaping up to be an interesting season. :huh: