Why are the Corps bashing?

So are you saying that no corps can have a worst show in their history? Can no corps actually be performing their best show ever? I understand the slamming accusations but their are still facts and they can't be changed. Everyone is different, thank whoever you believe or don't believe in, so every corps show may be both their best and worst....

What I'm guessing the poster is saying is that it's appropriate to say that.. " this was the BEST show in ( name a Corps ) history !!".

But that it's NOT appropriate to say.. " this was the WORST show in ( name a Corps ) history !!" He would have serious annoyance problems if you said this as opposed to saying it was the BEST show in their history which he'd have no problems with anyone saying apparently.

at least thats what I think he's driving at anyway.

maybe if we've got his point wrong, he can clarify for us.

But I think I got it.

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm guessing the poster is saying is that it's appropriate to say that.. " this was the BEST show in ( name a Corps ) history !!".

But that it's NOT appropriate to say.. " this was the WORST show in ( name a Corps ) history !!" He would have serious annoyance problems if you said this as opposed to saying it was the BEST show in their history which he'd have no problems with anyone saying apparently.

at least thats what I think he's driving at anyway.

But I think I got it.

Thanks BRASSO for trying to "explain" my original intent. However...that is NOT what I was saying. I think it is fine for someone to say any corps show is the WORST ever but then I also said it should be said in a way that the reason for saying so is an "opinion" and not in a way that would seem to be fact. Example: the drill was not well thought out, poorly instructed, WORSE THAN THE PREVIOUS YEARS CORPS etc. You like something, I like something and we both do not LIKE something. But to go on this forum and trash a corps because of personal opinion and not based on the actual performance of each corps is shameful. If a corps does not "perform" as well as either last years corps or another current competitor then THAT'S what what should be said not that the corps it's self or the show sucks. We all know if a corps has bad feet, horline is dirty or "it sounded muddy and the guard was off" type of stuff. That's different. I just know that if I marched in say...Madison or Devils and someone came on this forum and said that 1971 Madison (Alice show) or 73 BD were the worst shows ever for those particular corps how I'd feel. Anyone who ever march can tell a story about how we may have just "marched" the BEST show ever or STUNK up the field with what we just did. But that is a performance issue and NOT a matter of any "crap" the staff or management came up with. I believe in free speech and your welcome to say anything you like but if you trash a corps because of personal likes or dislikes then SAY IT and don't try and come off like you're a judge or a instructor who has taught a perfect corps and the opinion expressed should be accepted by the masses. Now is that enough clarification for you? Nuff said.

But I think I got it.

Oh and by the way I'm glad your asked the question for all the "regular" people on the forum. But I doubt that they are as confused as to my original meaning.

I agree somewhat on the bashing... but as an example, if you look at the scores from the last 25 years, you will not find much evidence that a 5th place Cadets finish is anything but a down year. It is just fact. That doesn't take away anything from the corps that are ahead of them right now though, IMO.

True, but I would have loved to have finished that high at Nationals in MY Cadet years.

True, but I would have loved to have finished that high at Nationals in MY Cadet years.

Many people finished Nationls

high when I marched..............................

Mike, that's a perfect example. Would it be fair for someone to compare 71 Garfield to 95 and say based on that the 71 show was the WORST ever because they did not finish higher than95? Or that because 71 had a slower drill pace than 95 or that the show design was not as innovative? Hell 1971 Garfield was WAY AHEAD of it's time with the concept show along with Madison and Cavies. Thanks for being a dinosaur like some of the rest of us and understanding that drum corps is a work in progress and not just last years show. All Hail Holy Name!

Mike, that's a perfect example. Would it be fair for someone to compare 71 Garfield to 95 and say based on that the 71 show was the WORST ever because they did not finish higher than95? Or that because 71 had a slower drill pace than 95 or that the show design was not as innovative? Hell 1971 Garfield was WAY AHEAD of it's time with the concept show along with Madison and Cavies. Thanks for being a dinosaur like some of the rest of us and understanding that drum corps is a work in progress and not just last years show. All Hail Holy Name!

Yup, I agree with you 100%. Really, each of has our own definition of what a particular corps 'worst show ever' is...because it only applies to what we like and don't like. I happen to not care for the Cadets 2004 show at all...my least favorite Cadet show design in memory, but I'd not call it their 'worst show ever' since it's just MHO. Lot's of folks have expressed much love for that show.

The boards are about opinions and ideas. Who gives a rip if someone doesn't like one of the years I marched, it's their opinion. I could care less. I would have problems if I let opinions bother me.

For instance, it's my opinion that Blue Devils is the most successful Drum Corps ever. Someone else may hate BD. I don't care. I hate all the commentating during the Cadets show. Some may love it. WHO CARES!?!?!?

Don't let opinions bother you so much bro!!