Downtown Indy Restaurants

I'm not downtown for restaurants much, but bars? Oh yeah, always. That might be your best bet, though, because I think by the time you get back from Bloomington most kitchens are going to be closed. Of course, Steak n Shake and the Red Eye Cafe will be offering food 24 hours.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock Bottom is cool...great microbrews.

Alcatraz is a great place for burgers and microbrews.

Harry and Izzy's...same owners as St. Elmo's...probably a little less expensive...but just as good.

Champs Sports Bar.

Weber Grill....very nice

Oceanaire...probably one of the better places in town.

There are a whole host of places downtown....so you shouldn't go hungry.

The great thing of downtown Indy, is that it's all right there in walking distance. As long as you're staying downtown, your options are pretty wide open; just start walking and see what looks good.

Anyone else have an opinion on the Indianapolis Bucca di Beppo?

I went there during BOA Grand Nationals last year since a friend recommended it to me. I was disappointed by the food. Great service...but the Downtown Indianapolis location isn't up to par like some of the other Bucca di Beppo locations that I have been to.

I live in Indy, and that is one area I avoid like the plague, unless I'm eating at Mama Carollas, which is several blocks south of there.

During the day, Broad Ripple offers a college town feel that you can't get anywhere else in the city. During a weekend night, though, it's got a college town feel for a totally different reason. Don't go unless you intend to drink - heavily. It's definitely the busiest place in town as far as nightlife goes, but there's not much else to do out on the strip, and the douchebaggery can get obnoxious.