Ring or Fame?

Ring or Fame.  

100 members have voted

1. 1. As a member, whats more important?

• Championship Ring
    • A show that everybody will love and remember.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rings are pretty cheap. They're like highschool rings. You wear them around for about a year and then you put it in the top drawer of your dresser never to be worn again. I don't know anyone who wore theirs for longer than that.

Really? I have worn mine every day since finals and I show it to everybody. J/K. You are right. I actually put mine on for about a hot minute about 3 weeks ago. I was going through some boxes and found a box with all my patches, medals and ring. I hadn't seen any of it since I moved to San Francisco three years ago.

You act like those were the only two reasons for going into corps.

LMAO, joined DC because I just wanted to keep playing a horn after HS (no MB at the local Community College).

By accident, my biggest "fame" was joining the local corps when they were reforming. Didn't win anything.... Hades didn't even beat another corps for about a year. The good shows did come later but helping get a corps back on the field beat winning or being memorible.

Neither. I joined my corps because I was amazed with the aura of intensity and solidarity the members had. I wanted to be one of them. Not to have what they had, but I wanted to be just like them. Because I knew THAT was special.

I'm just fine without a ring from '93 :thumbup:

I would have to say a ring, just cause I love winning too much :thumbup: but, nothing will ever compare to a show that captures the audience and they give you a reaction like no other. but after time passes, people forget about the show, and remember champions.

and the tennis thing, I think it would be better to say "Would you rather be remembered for always putting up a great match that people enjoyed to see you play in, or win Wimbledon?"

Underlining was done by me.

I absolutely disagree with you on this. Not all winning shows are memorable, and sometimes other shows on that same Finals night are the ones, that when time passes, are still talked about and refered to as classics.

Hmmmm, there is a sort of "fame" associated with not winning when almost everyone (outside the winning corps) felt you should have. But dang it, out of my three consecutive 2nd place finishes, it sure would have been nice to get a ring out of one of them. Instead its, "you were sooooo close." Thanks, I feel sooooooooooo much better.