HOLY NAME CADETS to return in 2009

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How refreshing. In an age where most segments of society outside the church do everything they can to distance themselves from God and any form of religion, the Cadets embrace it. Even if it is only for one year, and a symbolic gesture, I applaud them.

:smile:

They changed their name. Thats it. For all we know we may hear the following:

On the field from Allentown, Pennsylvania - presenting their 2009 production "Sarah Jones - Search for God" - the Holy Name Cadets.

Edited by LincolnV

How refreshing. In an age where most segments of society outside the church do everything they can to distance themselves from God and any form of religion, the Cadets embrace it. Even if it is only for one year, and a symbolic gesture, I applaud them.

:smile:

I think it's more a tradition thing than a religion thing.

Here's hoping that some day we can have a thread about something positive related to The Cadets where all you jerks can simply act grown up enough to SHUT UP and not hit the send button.

There are plenty of Cadets bashing discussions, so why don't you all go there and honor the history of this great corps by allowing some dignity and respect in even ONE thread on DCP?

GROW UP!!!

:worthy::smile::worthy:

I couldn't agree more!!! Bravo!!

The name change is wonderful!! A fantastic way to honor such a legacy.

Honestly, bashing = immaturity!!!

Here's hoping that some day we can have a thread about something positive related to The Cadets where all you jerks can simply act grown up enough to SHUT UP and not hit the send button.

There are plenty of Cadets bashing discussions, so why don't you all go there and honor the history of this great corps by allowing some dignity and respect in even ONE thread on DCP?

GROW UP!!!

Thank You..Thank You ..Thank You......GEZZZZZZ I certainly hope the Cadets NEVER stop pushing the limits, isn't it what this thing we call drum corps is all about? Limits were pushed back in 72 with Cadets or 71 whatever that show was and as much as I'm not a BD fan dance certainly comes to mind as a envelope pusher...How about Bridgemen..people said THAT AINT DRUM CORPS. and VK.....same as Bridgemen...everyone hated amps for the pit and now it seems the norm with alot..( although to me it sounds like a big tin can fest )

This is a great thing being done for whatever reason Hopkins has..WHO CARES...welcome " THE HOLY NAME CADETS" :worthy::smile:

Eh.

It has about as much bearing on the on-field product as if the Cavaliers decided to refer to themselves as The Chicago Cavaliers or the Colts went back to being the Colt .45's.

It's nice and all for the 75th anniversary. . . but it really doesn't mean that much in the long run considering they've been Holy Name, Garfield, Cadets of Bergen County, etc.

Eh.

It has about as much bearing on the on-field product as if the Cavaliers decided to refer to themselves as The Chicago Cavaliers or the Colts went back to being the Colt .45's.

It's nice and all for the 75th anniversary. . . but it really doesn't mean that much in the long run considering they've been Holy Name, Garfield, Cadets of Bergen County, etc.

I respectfully disagree. I think it means a TON to all of the people that marched with the Holy Name Cadets. and all the other names along the way. I'm thinkin' it also means a lot to the fans with a long drum corps history from way back when (60s, 70s). Will it have a real impact on how well the show is done on the field? Probably not. It's just really cool.

Hats off to George and the rest of the folks at YEA for this decision. A fitting tribute to a great tradition.

Fran