DCI "standings" after 7/31

Glassmen have gotten it together. Their score is no fluke. They are now executing the ending, and an already good show is now cleaner by a mile.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Glassmen have gotten it together. Their score is no fluke. They are now executing the ending, and an already good show is now cleaner by a mile.

I saw Glassmen Tuesday night in Salem and felt like the numbers that night accurately reflected the performance. It's the most I've enjoyed a Glassmen show in several years.

Hard to believe Boston's score can go down after a week. This is DCI BS

Believe it. I really enjoy BACS show but they aren't executing it well.

Fan appeal? You are darn skippy!

Needs some cleaning? yeppers

Has any other corps score gone down in that time frame??? I think NOT.

They must have taken the week off and not practiced.

About half the Corps in PC is sick with some kind of flu thing. I heard a few of the guard are/were in the hospital because of this illness. Lots of holes last night. :shutup:

Hopefully they will be healthy for finals.

-G

Boston in 13th is rediculas....

i find it soo hard to believe that since the 23rd of july to tonight they have gone down from an 86.00 to a 84.350...to me i don't see how in over a week of practicing and perfecting things they go down in score...i think its Bull if you ask me...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...howtopic=116051

Read the review. A "flat performance" at their own show. Sounds to me like the members are not into the show they've been given at all.

Has any other corps score gone down in that time frame??? I think NOT.

They must have taken the week off and not practiced.

If you go into the scores and statistics section and graph the scores you see that the corps have very few instances of retrograde scoring the entire summer. I checked most of the current top 12 and most of them have 3-4 instances of it. Seems sort of unlikely doesnt it?

I dont know which is more bs, rarely having a bad night or continuing to have bad nights even as the show is perfected to the judges suggestions late in the season.

In reality where there was actual performance based competition, all corps would experience retrograde scoring early on. Then during the mid summer when changes are being made you might see that problem crop up again. By the very last weeks of the season this would disappear to almost nothing as by now these units are like finely tuned machines.

Even so, allowances would have to be made for adverse performance conditions. Two summers ago there was a stifling heat wave and kids were dropping like flies. No matter what anyone says, those kids were not performing as well as they normally did, but you would have never known it from the wacked out scoring system DCI has.

Edited by Scerpella

About half the Corps in PC is sick with some kind of flu thing. I heard a few of the guard are/were in the hospital because of this illness. Lots of holes last night. :shutup:

-G

Oh dear. That's not good at all. ::healthy thoughts::

-G

They are all sick. I was one of the guard girls in question sent to the hospital. I was actually sent all the way back to California because of my health. I've heard they are doing a lot for the people who are still there & aren't as sick as I was.