Championship Shows You Didn't Like

98 Cadets - Stonehenge.

With the exception of the ripple flag thing they did in the corner, which was genius, much of the show seemed really drab and the music was kind of a downer. It just struck me as being very stiff and I had trouble getting into it. I usually love Cadets, but this one is low on my list.

Also, and I know this is blasphemous, but I'm not a huge fan of 89 SCV. Mainly because I LOVE the 88 version. There was some better execution in 89, but visually a lot of it was a pale imitation of what they had done the year before, and it was no where near as theatrical or emotional.

WOW! I feel the exact same way about 88 and 89 SCV but I was afraid to post that for fear of being boiled in oil! :worthy:

BD 07 (Winged Victory)

Cavies 06 (Machine)

To some degree:

BD 03 (Phenomenon of Cool)

Cavies 01 (Four Corners)

BD 97 (As Time Goes By)

BD 96 (Club Blue)

Cadets 90 (Bernstein Celebration)

BD 80

I'll stop there.

Pretty much every show for the past 7 years with the exception of 2000, 2002, 2005, and maybe 2001. Every other year, there was another better show that didn't win...IMO, of course.

Wow, lots of Cavvies backlash here, which I guess isn't that surprising.

Here's my list of who shouldn't have won, for whatever it's worth.

Cadets 1993 (Come on, how could Star not have won this?)

Cavaliers 1995 (One of my all-time favorite shows, but BD - and Scouts for that matter - were even better.)

PR 96 (BD should have easily won outright)

BD 99 (Loved this show, but SCV should have taken the title on its own.)

Cadets 2000 (Loved this show too, but Cavvies outperformed them on finals night, IMO)

BD 2003 (Should have been either Cavaliers or Cadets, or even SCV or Phantom. This show does nothing for me.)

Cavaliers 2004 (Like the Bond show, but loved BD and SCV.)

BD 2007 (Probably should have been beaten by Cadets, although I didn't really like either of those shows all that much.)

I'll say that BD should've won alone in both 96 and 99 since it requires "bravery" and all. :)

I liked SCV's 99 show better, too, overall.

It does! People worship Defiant Heart and SCV 99 around here.

I'm perfectly fine with there being ties, especially in those cases where the shows were really different and almost beyond comparison. It feels almost silly to try to choose BD 99 over SCV 99 or vice versa, because both shows were SICK -- whereas most years, there seems (at least to me) to be a clearer difference between the top 2.

There arent any shows I dodnt "like" , per se', but there are a couple of years I thought the outcome should have gone a tad different:

1987 Should have been SCV.

1988 Without a doubt should have been Blue Devils

1990 Should have been Star of Indiana

1992 Without a doubt should have been Star of Indiana. Cavaliers were sloppy, sloppy, sloppy !

1995 Should have been Blue Devils

Thats about it , I can see arguments in favor of every other year.

Geoffrey

It's an opinion-seeking topic. You're welcome to say that Phantom should have 36 championships instead of .5, if you want.

Not "my" opinions here but those of others!

There arent any shows I dodnt "like" , per se', but there are a couple of years I thought the outcome should have gone a tad different:

1987 Should have been SCV.

1988 Without a doubt should have been Blue Devils

1990 Should have been Star of Indiana

Geoffrey

Yes, Yes, and Yes!