Kingston Scores?

which is a great point... Scranton - what a showdown... BE THERE!

What Tom said!!!!!! Scranton is going to be one heckuva show. All the Eastern "big guns" in their final face-to-face meeting before DCA championships.... plus the fact that it is the American Legion national title show.

Very much looking forward to our weekend in Scranton. Come out and join us!!!!!

Fran

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks SO much!... for the great reception that 20th Century Limited received from DCA, John Carr and the Kingston show committee, members of the competition corps, and especially the spectators at the show.

TCL is one of the few remaining examples of grass-roots, hometown, senior corps out there. They continue to represent the activity in the Hudon Valley of NY State, at Firemen's Conventions and community events. Being from just down the road, in Highland, they are kind of the "local" corps for the Kingston show. Getting a chance to play for the DCA crowd was a big deal for all of us.

My hope is that they can build on the great base they have, and attract more players who can enjoy this often forgotten part of the drum corps world.

Edited by brassomaniac

Thanks SO much!... for the great reception that 20th Century Limited received from DCA, John Carr and the Kingston show committee, members of the competition corps, and especially the spectators at the show.

TCL is one of the few remaining examples of grass-roots, hometown, senior corps out there. They continue to represent the activity in the Hudon Valley of NY State, at Firemen's Conventions and community events. Being from just down the road, in Highland, they are kind of the "local" corps for the Kingston show. Getting a chance to play for the DCA crowd was a big deal for all of us.

My hope is that they can build on the great base they have, and attract more players who can enjoy this often forgotten part of the drum corps world.

(my personal) Priceless moment of the night:

My good friend, Jeff Young... long-time TCL member.. was hospitalized with some serious medical issues just last month. Doctors have him on a regime that's improved things alot. ...... Seeing him troop the stands with us...., at a DCA show...., after all these years, was something I wouldn't have wanted to miss!

(Even I forgot how great that feeling was, after 15 years out of competition).

Thanks again, to the show organizers, for giving us this chance to perform in such a great show!

Edited by brassomaniac

45 minutes to get on DCP... wow, you'd think Phantom won... lol

HURCS win third in row

go here for scores http://www.dcacorps.org and click on NEWS or link here

http://dcanews1.blogspot.com/

I was very happy to get out to Kingston (I knew there was a reason I picked that show - what a great crowd! I love Dietz Stadium and its inhabitants) and hang out and watch the Hurcs rehearse and catch up with some old friends and make some new ones. What a great staff! And if anyone says they saw me crying for the last 5 minutes of the show, I'd like to remind you that it's allergy season, and I'm a war veteran and we don't cry at silly stuff like Drum Corps shows.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

Really impressed by ES and Cabs horn lines. Gonna be a dog fight the rest of the way. Sorry I didn't get to see the groups who went on early but I was mainly there to renew old acquaintances, lest they be forgot.

ok , today is the day to bump this......for all of us that couldn't make the show.....let the wait begin!.. :worthy:

Fish,

Finally got to see the home team... they're the real deal.

Fish,

Finally got to see the home team... they're the real deal.

i'm a proud man ! , as i'm sure, are you. btw....china has finally surfaced.. :worthy:

hahaha I saw that! :worthy:

You saw nothing! Allergies. That's it. Especially when Dougie held the last note of his solo for 24 counts - I must really be allergic to that!!!