Man, it's crazy that BD, being undefeated all season, suddenly drops to 3rd... and could realistically come in 4th.

I believe the key word is "realistically".

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from Allentown...

You could tell me that any one of the top four corps win finals next week and I would not bat an eye.

You could tell me that there was a DIFFERENT winner Thu, Fri, and Sat and I STILL would not be surprised.

The only thing that would surprise me is telling me that the crowd didn't have to change their shorts three times at least (went through that many pairs just tonight with Carolina and Phantom!).

I totally agree. Last night was fun and dramatic, tonight was EPIC! Crown and PR both brought it big time. What is interesting is that I noticed a bit of dirt in both corps, which I didn't notice in Cavies and BD; meaning, this could get SCARY!

Edited by ajlemm

yeah that's why I used that particular word, thanks.

I know, I apologize. I was addressing someone else. :smile:

I had thought, after seeing Crown on Thursday, that they would be a great 4th place corps, but after tonight, I can really say that I can see them finishing even higher. They were absolutely incredible tonight! It felt like a championship level performance and I will have to agree with including them in the short list of potential champions. Without having seen Cavies, I will say that I expect them to win brass in Bloomington. It's going to be incredible to see what happens! Can't wait.

I had thought, after seeing Crown on Thursday, that they would be a great 4th place corps, but after tonight, I can really say that I can see them finishing even higher. They were absolutely incredible tonight! It felt like a championship level performance and I will have to agree with including them in the short list of potential champions. Without having seen Cavies, I will say that I expect them to win brass in Bloomington. It's going to be incredible to see what happens! Can't wait.

I saw all 4 corps this weekend, and I just can't see Cavies taking brass over any of the other top 3 corps. Carolina's brass was so pure and harmonic tonight, that I could see them placing 3rd or 4th and still taking the caption. If PR works out the fracks they had tonight, they could take brass. And BD is pretty unbelievable.

Yeah, PR didn't really have the best run brass-wise tonight. Honestly, as soon as I heard the hitch with soloist (along with several other slight issues), it was clear they would lose brass to Crown tonight. I will be interested to see if PR will be able to push the emotional edge with their music without losing the quality and control that they will need to win the caption. It's a very fine line -- especially with so much quality around them.