Finals Week Predictions

Interesting that so far only one person has predicted Blue Devils....and a lot predict Phantom.

Emotional favorite. DCP is so obviously in love with them... This week will definitely be amazing though. :tongue:

1) The Cavaliers

2) Phantom Regiment

3) Blue Devils

4) Carolina Crown

5) The Cadets

6) SCV

7) Bluecoats

8) Blue Stars

9) BK

10) Glassmen

11) Boston Crusaders

12) Crossmen

--------

13) Madison Scouts (miss Finals by less than .5)

14) Colts

15) Spirit

16) Troopers

17) Pacific Crest

18) The Academy

19) Mandarins

20) Pioneer

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was merely to illustrate. No one can tell me the Cadets and Boston were both better in the beginning of August '06 than they were at finals. The bottom line is the scores are way too high this year, and they will drop (for all but PR, BD and Cavies, with Crown remaining in the 95 range). Most likely from Bluecoats down will score lower at finals then currently - Cadets = wildcard, but I still see them not scoring above low 94 range. We usually see drops between quarters and finals for the lower finalist corps. We'll see drops on Thursday, and drops continuing through Saturday of this week.

Ok fair enough.

Okay - instead of ranking, here are a few of my thoughts...

Cadets won't remain in 5th for all three nights. They'll flip flop out of fourth with Crown.

Phantom wins it all - on all three nights.

Blue Stars re-emerge into finals with an 8th place finish.

Crossmen win 12th place on Thursday....Madison on Friday....and thus Saturday as well.

Troopers are welcomed back to Semis.

Of all your thoughts, this is the one I see the least likely to happen.

Even if Phantom does win Saturday night, either The Cavaliers or BD will one at least one other night (if not one winning Quarters and the other Semis).

Interesting that so far only one person has predicted Blue Devils....and a lot predict Phantom.

Just a bunch of Sycophantoms, hoping against hope! :tongue:

Boston will be in 6th

Uh... no. Love the ending this year, though. I think they'll be 8th or 9th, which will give them some good mo going into next season.

Uh... no. Love the ending this year, though. I think they'll be 8th or 9th, which will give them some good mo going into next season.

I think they will be 10th or 11th. I'm most certain Glassmen and BK will beat them (that's 10th right there) and possibly Blue Stars.

So really, what's the chance on a scale of 0 to 10 that we'll have three different winners Quarters/Semis/Finals??

Most years, I'd put the chance at 0 as there are rarely 3 corps with a legit (even if far-fetched) chance at winning. (Maybe .05 taking into consideration two corps failing to show up one night :tongue:). Last year, I'd say it was about a .5 (possible, but extremely remote).

This year, I'd give it about a 2 or 3, which is pretty exciting to think about, even though still unlikely.

Edited by Liam

Okay - instead of ranking, here are a few of my thoughts...

Cadets won't remain in 5th for all three nights. They'll flip flop out of fourth with Crown.

Blue Stars re-emerge into finals with an 8th place finish.

Crossmen win 12th place on Thursday....Madison on Friday....and thus Saturday as well.

Troopers are welcomed back to Semis.

I think Crown is ahead of the Cadets for good - their show is simply better design and better executed (they have a better brass and guard, and should win over Cadets in GE).

I think Phantom finishes 3rd, maybe 2nd.

Blue Stars are likely 10th or 11th IMO. I don't see them beating Glassmen or BK.

The Crossmen/Madison race is certainly interesting.