Star of Indiana 1993

I personally believe they should have won first. What do you guys and gals think?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of these deification of Star '93 posts do we need? Next time, please do a search on this topic. It has been discussed as much as it can. If it were a horse we would be covered in glue.

BTW, no. I do not think they should have won.

Edited by InspaDave

I feel that all the placements in '93 were right where the finals performances put them.

Stoke the fires baby! :smile:

Loved the score, loved the drill, hated the Stupid Symmetrical Pit (tm T. Shea 2008).

Edited by tommytimp

:smile:

They clearly outperformed a much more progressive, difficult and interesting program than ANY corps that year and the few following. What a presentation! Simply brilliant.

as to this thread...this is most likely one of the most discussed drum corp shows ever...I know from the percussion standpoint, it is regarded as a one-off unique and sterling book/ performance, hence why they won percussion almost with perfect score (finals wasnt perfect...but pre-lims was!)

The Star guard and visual package? no one had anything on them in show concept and design...i wasnt in the press box or field evaluating...so that tenth of a point that they needed is a mystery to me...I still get the feeling, it was manipulated.

Cadets were much flatter, not sloppy, but ditier...maybe if they had a few more weeks with their show. Then again, their show wasnt that original or clever...sort of rehashed "cadet" ideas with new direction in music/ arranger.

Cadets were much flatter, not sloppy, but ditier...maybe if they had a few more weeks with their show. Then again, their show wasnt that original or clever...sort of rehashed "cadet" ideas with new direction in music/ arranger.

What rehashed ideas were there in Cadets 93?

How many of these deification of Star '93 posts do we need? Next time, please do a search on this topic. It has been discussed as much as it can. If it were a horse we would be covered in glue.

BTW, no. I do not think they should have won.

DEJA VU all over again.

Is this the department of redundancy department?

Puppet

What rehashed ideas were there in Cadets 93?

Yeah, that whole comment has me scratching my head, too. The weirdest part is the "new direction in music/arranger" when they were playing another David Holsinger show.

Can't really agree with the idea that they were dirtier, either. Both them and Star were nailing the hell out of their respective execution demands.