Star of Indiana 1993

"Oh my god, so hard to post on forum, don't want to, but I'm being forced to." If you don't like that there is another topic about Star 93, don't post. No need to be rude. Thank you MoonHill for posting about the topic.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Drum Corps show ever besides INT

He may not have stated it on the best of terms, but there is a forum etiquitte in place that would suggest one look for answers before asking the question.

I just found these 2 posts in Historical with a very basic search, and I'm sure there are more. Especially if you search DCI World Class prime forum.

Star 93

Star Of Indiana 1993: Revisited

Then, if you feel like you just want to share, or just want more input, add to the existing post.

:tongue:

^ Thank you for being polite. If someone had said it that way instead, I would be more likely to listen. :tongue:

they quit.

ehhh, quit isn't the correct word here. I'll stop there.

When the contract with Canadian Brass was signed BEFORE finals??? Don't think so....thanks for playing.

Yes, actually it was. In fact, it was determined before the season even began...that's right - well before a single show had been performed. Trust me.....I know this better than anyone sans Jim Mason himself. When Nick and I flew to Tampa Bay before the season began in order to record with the Canadian Brass, one of the CB errantly mentioned to me that he "looked forward to playing with us in the future". It seemed a little odd at the time, but in retrospect, it made perfect sense and it was completely 100% validated that this was indeed how things went down. Anyone claiming that Star "quit" DCI due to our 2nd place finish in '93 can officially STFU. I can guarantee you that it was pre-determined, well in advance of the '93 season. End of discussion.....I'm quite honestly tired of addressing this, so please feel free to reference this "official", and first-hand account for all such inquiries. The myth, the mystery, the speculation....it is no more. The fact that this particular year is even still a topic is, on one hand, admittedly flattering....and at the same time, it's actually quite pathetic.

"Thanks for playing" :smile:

Edited by bullethead

As TC, I declare this thread deceased.