How Phantom will win

not really.... BD's visual score is going to drop

Yes, and as it drops so will every other corps' score drop. Their score was high in relationship to other corps' high visual scores. It's not like Phantom (who has a weaker visual program than Blue Devils and Cavaliers by quite a bit) will magically have a stronger visual program tomorrow and Saturday. They may march cleaner, but so will BD and Cavaliers.

They will close the gap a little bit over all, as they are very strong in brass and percussion. GE seems to be a toss-up at this point, and any of the Top 3 can win GE Friday or Saturday.

In my mind, Phantom Regiment reminds me of last year's Bluecoats: very strong musically, weak (compared to where they want to be) visually. Last year, I thought it would come down to SCV's visual vs. Bluecoats music: who can get their strongest caption better and their weaker caption closer. SCV cleaned up musically and got it close enough to top Bluecoats (and Bluecoats weak visual caption scores).

Phantom will be cleaner by Saturday night visually, but can they close the gap enough to pull off an upset? I don't think Cavaliers or Blue Devils had a great musical show Thursday and have room to improve their weaker Caption. But, the gap between BD/Cavaliers/Phantom in music is WAY closer than in visual. I think right now the bigger question is can Cavaliers clean their music enough to open that spread a bit more, and clean their visual more to close the gap. I think that Phantom's lack of a strong visual design has caught up with them tonight. They have a fun show, and they perform the crap out of it. But they won't get credit for their visual design issues, and I don't seem them coming within .5 of a title (give or take a few tenths).

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and as it drops so will every other corps' score drop. Their score was high in relationship to other corps' high visual scores. It's not like Phantom (who has a weaker visual program than Blue Devils and Cavaliers by quite a bit) will magically have a stronger visual program tomorrow and Saturday. They may march cleaner, but so will BD and Cavaliers.

They will close the gap a little bit over all, as they are very strong in brass and percussion. GE seems to be a toss-up at this point, and any of the Top 3 can win GE Friday or Saturday.

the only thing I'm really going to say is they were .3 a head of Crown at Atown and suddenly fell .5 behind them in ensemble visual... that right there is a .8 difference which is .275 once averaged? there is a possibility BD will drop from 29.9 yet other corps will increase their scores...

the only thing I'm really going to say is they were .3 a head of Crown at Atown and suddenly fell .5 behind them in ensemble visual... that right there is a .8 difference which is .275 once averaged? there is a possibility BD will drop from 29.9 yet other corps will increase their scores...

:smile:

well that was mature... thank you for adding so much insight with your thumbs down smiley, you have changed my complete outlook not only on the 2008 season but also on life....

I'm glad I could help you change your ways.

Last year they had what I consider a horrible staff.This year they have a great staff and do worse.

I just don't get what is going on down south.

I will agree. What an unfortunate way for them to open up to theater audiences. I was looking forward to them but was left shaking my head. My friend next to me even fell asleep.

I will agree. What an unfortunate way for them to open up to theater audiences. I was looking forward to them but was left shaking my head. My friend next to me even fell asleep.

Totally in agreement.About mid way through I was nodding off.

I got there early tonight because I wanted to see Madison Scouts and Spirit.Madison did it for me Spirit did not.

Yeah (here we go again and I'll bite), BUT, they scored extremely high in percussion.

With Jeff Prosperie and J.J. Pipitone on Saturday night, Phantom will score somewhere around 37 in percussion.

Whoever the visual caption is (I know he's supposed to be a young, new guy at the game) at Phantom is, he's doing a great job for his first time. I have faith he can bring PR to a championship by the end of Saturday night. I don't understand this BD band wagon by the way, Cavies I can understand...they have a fun show, BD? It's chaos. And not the good kind of chaos they intended, I'm saying the crappy kind of chaos where I find myself saying "where's the melody?"

*ehm* okay that was harsh, most of that is my dislike of the BD band wagon lately. GO PHANTOM! TAKE IT ALL THE WAY BABY! SPARTACUS = BEST SHOW OF 08, AND ONE OF THE BEST OF ALL TIME!!!!!

Yet another Sycophan deeply in need of medication. No need to attack the work of another corps with angry vitriol because the stars aren't aligning for you at the moment. Just breath deep and think about adding yet another killing to the show, I think they haven't killed the guy that drives the gator yet! By the way, PR has a extraordinary show and doesn't need your help!