World Class Semifinals Discussion Thread

To the Cavies drill convo, I know what excites me. 02 excited me. 01 did not excite me. 06 excited me. 05 did not excite me. 06 excited me. 08 does not excite me.

Congratulations on knowing what excites you. Certainly, only someone authoritative would know such a thing. Your expertise on matters of show design, therefore, will never be questioned again.

(To be fair, even a Ronald Reagan nominee to head the National Endowment for the Arts once made the same populist blunder, puffing himself up and saying "I don't know anything about art, but I know what I like" at his congressional review for the job, as though this were some kind of positive qualification! Incredible...)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone notice tonights score for PR is higher already then the winning BD score from last night? And some of the lower corps remained relatively the same?

Yep. Not sure what that means, and it'll be another hour before we find out. Will they move into first, stay in third, or fit nicely in between??

since when did woodwind solos happen at I&E?

About 2 or 3 years ago.

Saucedo writes all their music, so it is probably going to have similarities from year to year. I can recognize Aaron Copeland's music whenever it is played, John Williams, Leonard Bernstien, many more. That is part of the writing. They carry similar themes throughout all their music. So, does that make it bad?

i think the disconnect here is htat you can differentiate one copland, bernstein or williams composition from another because of the recognizable melody, something a lot of us have difficulty doing with saucedo compositions. honestly, i'm one of those people who thinks a lot of it kind of bleeds together and sounds the same, but he isn't composing songs per se, he's writing incidental music to go behind the visual, so its a much different priority than what you hear from other composers..

A few years back.What planet have you been on?

I'm guessing Planet X...