World Class Semifinals Discussion Thread

i think the disconnect here is htat you can differentiate one copland, bernstein or williams composition from another because of the recognizable melody, something a lot of us have difficulty doing with saucedo compositions. honestly, i'm one of those people who thinks a lot of it kind of bleeds together and sounds the same, but he isn't composing songs per se, he's writing incidental music to go behind the visual, so its a much different priority than what you hear from other composers..

In other words, some of us have problems distinguishing one piece from the other. Maybe that makes me a bad listener, but I really can't remember much of their tunes even from shows that I thoroughly enjoyed (Machine for instance).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the old days, when Madison always had soprano solosist who seemed to look about 35?

Yeah, and basically everyone in BD looked over 35

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

Remember the old days, when Madison always had soprano solosist who seemed to look about 35?

Yeah. That was back in the early/mid 80s.

Hehe, no, i'm probably too late to the game to remember what you call "the old days"

But hell, I still can't believe the Troopers' DM is under 21!

Great job, Cavies Alums! Wish we could have them and Scouts Alum together! We'd all be hearing impaired!

BTW, for those of you who saw both nights, how do the top three compare from one night to the next?

Whatever, get over it, move on, let it go. It was in 2005 when all that happaned. Stop flaming me about it. You have said plenty of things that you have later changed your mind about too.

I think if you look back over the last couple of weeks, Crossmen's guard have been beating Madison by 1/2 a point or so, especially when Debbie judged.

Last night? Didn't Scouts out score Crossmen 17.10 to 17.00?

I checked and Scouts last guard score prior to DCI was over X men.

My beef is not with your corps... I call it as I SAW IT

In other words, some of us have problems distinguishing one piece from the other. Maybe that makes me a bad listener, but I really can't remember much of their tunes even from shows that I thoroughly enjoyed (Machine for instance).

Actually I can still hum the main tune from Frameworks....but the show sort of slammed the motif down your throat for 12 minutes. I think machine was slightly similar, but I think musically there trying to be more "metallic" for lack of a better word.