Announcer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think (IMO), that they should replace this throaty, terrible way he introduces the corps. It's really sickening.

Go PHANTOM !!!!!

It's clear you don't know much about the history of DCI. I echo everyone's sentiments, Brant is an icon. He has done more for the activity then most of us ever will. He doesn't just announce, he volunteers his time and gives everything of himself and his family to drum corps. I too hope that when we are all good and gone, I can be announced with that wonderful voice.

And one more thing... he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet!

Hey... if you were a hot dog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself? I know I would. First, I'd smother myself with brown mustard and relish. I'd be so delicious!

WTF?

Mark my words. I HAVE been listening to the recordings for years and my opinion hasn't swayed one bit.

Sorry to get so many of you upset. IN MY OPINION, I just don't like the way he announces the corps. Some day you will be listening to the recordings again and you will agree that its awful. Mark my word on that one!

Nnnnnnope...been listening to him for 25 years....ain't tired of it yet...you hear that voice and you KNOW it's teh big show.

Sorry to get so many of you upset. IN MY OPINION, I just don't like the way he announces the corps. Some day you will be listening to the recordings again and you will agree that its awful. Mark my word on that one!

He has announced almost every DCI Championship with the exception of a few. I have all of those recordings, and I will never, ever get tired of that voice. Mark my word on THAT one. And I think I speak for mamy, many drum corps fans and alumni.

There is nothing like standing on the field and hearing Brant say... "On the field, from Sacramento, California... the Freelancers!" (insert your own corps here). When I heard that at my first nationals, I got goosebumps.

Side note... I found it interesting when working for Tom Blair and the DCI Broadcast for many years... Brant gets his cue's from the TV Truck. The director in the truck is the one to tell him to start his announcements.

Nnnnnnope...been listening to him for 25 years....ain't tired of it yet...you hear that voice and you KNOW it's teh big show.

Absolutely.

There is no DCI show that is COMPLETE without Brandt's voice.

All right, I should be crucified for my opinion. Sorry, 20 lashes with a wet noodle. I just don't like the way he announces that's all. Lots of people have dedicated lots of time, money, families, etc. for the sake of drum corps......that has nothing to do with the way he announces the corps. Oh, forget it.

Go Phantom.

Nope. You're 110% wrong... And for that, you get the ultimate compliment from me...

n00b!!!!!