Who will win? Who do you WANT to win?

Who will win? Who do you WANT to win? Who even cares?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you THINK will win finals?

• Blue Devils
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Cavaliers
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cadets
  2. 2. Who do you WANT to win finals?

• Blue Devils
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Cavaliers
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cadets
    • I Don't Really Care
    • The Judges

BD for a well deserved #13. Phantom doing what they do best. Blowing, drumming and spinning well. An abomination of the feet. If their guard score wasn't so high, they be even lower in overall vis. Always the bridesmaid. Will this corps ever be able to put it all together in the same year and actually win a DCI title (96's tie aside)?

an ABOMINATION of the feet?? really? maybe they're a little dirtier than the other top corps because of their (drastically) increased visual demand, but what's the point of using ridiculous hyperbole like that? they're currently marching better than they have in probably at least 90% of their other finals appearances.

just look at the definition of that word....it's certainly not "shameful," "vile," or "greatly abhorred."

i think bd probably deserves to win too (though i disagree with a lot of their finals week changes, for cheap music G.E./ensemble points), but i dont think phantom should be ashamed about how they're marching/running this year.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just surprised Cavies did not get more votes.What does that mean?Are the Cavies fans all at finals and not by the computer?Or

Does that mean more Phantom fans are at home and not at finals?

i'll give you a hint. neither.

BD for a well deserved #13. Phantom doing what they do best. Blowing, drumming and spinning well. An abomination of the feet. If their guard score wasn't so high, they be even lower in overall vis. Always the bridesmaid. Will this corps ever be able to put it all together in the same year and actually win a DCI title (96's tie aside)?

Seriously? An abomination of the feet?

In my ideal world it would end up: Phantom, BD, Crown, Cavies.

Reality suggests this might be more probable: Phantom, BD, Cavies, Crown.

ok...so after looking at recaps for the past two nights and thinking abut how "absurd" BD getting perfect scores in Visual Ensemble and Performance...it got me thinking...With the spread from BD to PR being just .325 (or something like that) and BD Having no where to grow in those two captions..and phantom only be able to grow in those two captions...and PR placing 1st 2nd and 3rd in al other captions including GE and Music...I would think that BD has something to worry about tonight...With nowhere to grow the only thing that could happen in those captions is for the gap to get smaller...unless for some reason PR doesnt do as well but they have only been gaining ground visually...so just my 2 cents..

Hmm... let's see...

If you go by the odds, it will be Blue Devils, Cavaliers or Cadets.

If you go by who's hitting the HOT button right now at the exact right time, it will be Regiment or CC

If you go by who you thought would be the likely champ for 2008 at the end of 2007, it would be Bluecoats (IMO).

If you go by what I wish, it would be Madison.

If you go by the politically correct answer, but one that is accurate as well... it's "They're all winners!!"

i think dci is going to go with your last option tonight, personally.

Although it would be the greatest story of the year - I just don't see the winner from semi-finals not winning finals.

It's almost like it's just not allowed anymore - which is a shame!

But - I'm still pulling for Phantom - that show is just about the best thing I have seen put on a field - and I've been around a long time!

Later,

Mike

Although it would be the greatest story of the year - I just don't see the winner from semi-finals not winning finals.

It's almost like it's just not allowed anymore - which is a shame!

But - I'm still pulling for Phantom - that show is just about the best thing I have seen put on a field - and I've been around a long time!

Later,

Mike

haha well good thing you were pulling for them cuz they freaking took it tonight