Who will win? Who do you WANT to win?

Who will win? Who do you WANT to win? Who even cares?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you THINK will win finals?

• Blue Devils
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Cavaliers
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cadets
  2. 2. Who do you WANT to win finals?

• Blue Devils
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Cavaliers
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cadets
    • I Don't Really Care
    • The Judges

BD for a well deserved #13. Phantom doing what they do best. Blowing, drumming and spinning well. An abomination of the feet. If their guard score wasn't so high, they be even lower in overall vis. Always the bridesmaid. Will this corps ever be able to put it all together in the same year and actually win a DCI title (96's tie aside)?

Not to pick on you specifically, contrajedi8, but your post represents something that's bugged me for a while. I always want to say something, but I usually don't want to open that can of worms. So I'll just mention it now in passing in hopes of merely loosening the lid...

How come, when people talk about Phantom Regiment, they're so often inclined to point out that their title was a tie, but then when they talk about BD it's never mentioned that two of their titles were ties? It's usually something along the lines of "...Phantom has only won one title (and it was a tie!)...", but you never see "Blue Devils have 12 championships (even though two of them were ties)."

Insert disclaimer here...I mean no disrespect to BD. I fully understand that BD gets the benefit of the doubt because they have won consistently, and they've won consistently because they're a great corps. I just think it's unfair to PR to degrade their championship for having been a tie when no other corps' title is.

As for Lee Carlson, I know he wasn't real hip on PR's Vis GE earlier in the season. Here's hoping he's come around some!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How come, when people talk about Phantom Regiment, they're so often inclined to point out that their title was a tie, but then when they talk about BD it's never mentioned that two of their titles were ties? It's usually something along the lines of "...Phantom has only won one title (and it was a tie!)...", but you never see "Blue Devils have 12 championships (even though two of them were ties)."

It's probably because the other 10 wins were solos for BD....while Regiment's only title was the tie.

In BD's case the ties were flukes, in Regiment's it was the ONLY one to go by.

I was involved in a championship tie in 86...not the best feeling, but better than taking 2nd. However, let me state that Conquest Alliance tied US (Dagenham Crusaders), not the other way around!

Edited by 84BDsop

HOWEVER....and I'll probably have to turn in my BD alum card for this...I would be VERY happy if Regiment pulled it off and won outright tomorrow.

Shame on you, Sam. You are right! Hand over the membership card, turn in your jacket and member tees, hand over your rin......Oh, sorry. :smile:

Edited by tja273

BD has 25 years of history on it's side, since they won Semis....but then again, they had never losing in a year ending with a 6 until 06!

I think BD will take #13....not only do they have a clean show to do it, they have the drive of winning for Joe Ricard...and that can be a powerful motivator (see 1980 Spirit of Atlanta after Jim Ott died....classic example)

HOWEVER....and I'll probably have to turn in my BD alum card for this...I would be VERY happy if Regiment pulled it off and won outright tomorrow.

08 feels like 89 in a way....the show that probably will win will...and the one that SHOULD win will join the ranks of 87-88 SCV, 89 Regiment, and 93 Star as legendary shows that should've won and didn't.

If it was Cavies, Crown, or Cadets in 2nd it'd be a no-brainer....but just this once....much as I would love my guys to take that 13th ring... I have to root for Spartacus to triumph...

Traitor....

:smile:

Shame on you, Sam. You are right! Hand over the membership card, turn in your jacket and member tees, hand over your rin......Oh, sorry. :smile:

Ouch....

knockout.gif

Lee Carlson is judging GE Visual (which is odd, since he judged in Quarters as well.........) and he's a big BD supporter, this does not bode well for PR in the GE caption which they won last night. If they can pull off a win in Overall GE again, and slip those Visual scores up a bit, and stretch that Music score up a little higher..............2nd Title! :)

Nice post!

Are you familiar with the rest of tonight's panel.

If so which corps might have an advatage?

Thanks

Agreed, Sam. Though I loved SCV's '89 show, I thought Phantom was the real winner that year.

Anyway, I said the Blue Devils will probably win because I've seen their show and it is the stuff of legends. Great design, fantastic music, clean as a whistle (which is par for the course with the Blue Devils). I enjoyed it very, very much.

That being said, I have to go with my all time favorite corps ever, Phantom Regiment. I've only heard snippits of their show and it is a great one. Looking at the scores from last night, they certainly have a legit chance at winning. One slip up from the Blue Devils, and we could very well see a Phantom victory.

I still liked SCV better in 1989. Don't know about points or cleanliness, but I liked SCV better than PR.

wow,

I am pretty shocked at the who will win who you want to win results.I am pulling for Cavies but I really love the Phantom show.Just surprised Cavies did not get more votes.What does that mean?Are the Cavies fans all at finals and not by the computer?Or

Does that mean more Phantom fans are at home and not at finals?