Who will win? Who do you WANT to win?

Who will win? Who do you WANT to win? Who even cares?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you THINK will win finals?

• Blue Devils
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Cavaliers
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cadets
  2. 2. Who do you WANT to win finals?

• Blue Devils
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Cavaliers
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cadets
    • I Don't Really Care
    • The Judges

Ok, here it is, no BS.

NO BIAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who do you think will win it?

Ok, you can be biased now.

Who do you WANT to win?

I personally think Blue Devils will win, but I would like to see PR win.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BD has 25 years of history on it's side, since they won Semis....but then again, they had never losing in a year ending with a 6 until 06!

I think BD will take #13....not only do they have a clean show to do it, they have the drive of winning for Joe Ricard...and that can be a powerful motivator (see 1980 Spirit of Atlanta after Jim Ott died....classic example)

HOWEVER....and I'll probably have to turn in my BD alum card for this...I would be VERY happy if Regiment pulled it off and won outright tomorrow.

08 feels like 89 in a way....the show that probably will win will...and the one that SHOULD win will join the ranks of 87-88 SCV, 89 Regiment, and 93 Star as legendary shows that should've won and didn't.

If it was Cavies, Crown, or Cadets in 2nd it'd be a no-brainer....but just this once....much as I would love my guys to take that 13th ring... I have to root for Spartacus to triumph...

Well put.

But I'd have to disagree with 1989. I think SCV owned that year, and I have watched both shows, and I think SCV got what they deserved - a championship ring.

After taking 2nd place FOUR YEARS IN A ROW, it was almost appropriate that they should win with the show they did in 89. Awesome show.

And I do love the Devs show this year, the concept and idea of the show was not lost on me, as it is with too many DCI fans. Was a neat show, neat concept, and only the BD could pull off a show like that and possibly win.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

BD has 25 years of history on it's side, since they won Semis....but then again, they had never losing in a year ending with a 6 until 06!

Along the same lines, years ending in 8 have not been kind to BD. That's a trend that could disappear as well.

BD for a well deserved #13. Phantom doing what they do best. Blowing, drumming and spinning well. An abomination of the feet. If their guard score wasn't so high, they be even lower in overall vis. Always the bridesmaid. Will this corps ever be able to put it all together in the same year and actually win a DCI title (96's tie aside)?

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I'm pulling for the Carolina Crown to win it. Although I doubt that will happen, it's still nice to see somebody different at the top for a change.

Phantom Phantom Phantom Phantom Phantom Phantom Phantom Phantom Phantom Phantom The most exciting, engaging, grabbing, emotional, amazing, in-your-face, awesome, powerful show I have EVER seen. Now that I think about it, Spartacus reminds me of Chuck Norris. He doesn't have to win finals to be the World Champion. He just is.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I'm pulling for the Carolina Crown to win it. Although I doubt that will happen, it's still nice to see somebody different at the top for a change.

Here, here. Crown is such a classy and very rich sounding corps that is doing things right.

The answer to your question. Blue Devils will win and I want them to win.

I think also that P.R. will remain in 2nd but Crown will jump over Cavies for 3rd by 2/10th's.

The way 1,2,3,4, is congested. Anything can happen. Good luck to all corps tonight :thumbup:

Each and every corps that competed this week deserves a congrats and pat on the back.

BD will win again and basically outsmart everyone again in total show package. Sad, because to the average fan in the stands, the PR vs. BD debate is a no brainer.

Lee Carlson is judging GE Visual (which is odd, since he judged in Quarters as well.........) and he's a big BD supporter, this does not bode well for PR in the GE caption which they won last night. If they can pull off a win in Overall GE again, and slip those Visual scores up a bit, and stretch that Music score up a little higher..............2nd Title! :)