Funny things you've heard fans say at shows

Me: "BYBO!!"

friend with me: "...what?"

someone else 30 yards away in the audience: "BYBO!!!"

Me: "What he said"

I must say as funny as some of those things are they are its really dissapointing to hear so many people crack jokes at the expense of the performers. you can try to twist it any other way but thats wat it is. The performers dont pick there show they just dedicate themselves and bust there a** to make it the best show they can. And here people degrade and take away from the hard work and s*** they put in all season for. The last thing I would want is to watch my age out show or my finals show on dvd and hear some big a** hole yell some smart a** remark just to be funny. I dont think its cool and I dont really agree with it. The performers work hard all summer and winter dont take your frustration of amps, props, unis, or whatever out on them by ruining there show it sucks and you guys need to stop its stupid. What ever had to real drum corps fans, the ones that supported corps and performers?
rofl

:thumbup::music:

you win the internet

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a DCA story - the Bushwackers used to list their home city as Thermopolis, Wyoming as a joke, and they would be listed in the programs that way. Well, one year (I forget when, it was a long time ago) they had a local show that was rained out - - and there was one sweet grandmotherly sort of woman who was heard as she was walking away from the stadium with a few other people - - "Oh that poor group - they traveled all the way out here from Wyoming, and now they'll have to get on those buses and go back again..."

At the Quarterfinals broadcast I was lucky enough to sit in front of a bunch of "know-it-alls". The sad thing is that at least a couple of them marched in some manner (I heard them mention a couple of DCA corps that they marched).

Anyhoo, the one guy insisted that not only was Bloomington an hour behind us (Pittsburgh), but they were delaying the broadcast 45 minutes and showing the entire Quarterfinals. He was on his cell phone talking with a friend who was actually at the stadium so the guy could tell him the scores that the corps got so that he could then "compare" the score with what he was seeing when they were shown on the screen.

They also discussed how it would have sucked for the "boxer" in Bluecoats show because he would have found out too late that he would actually be playing a "character" during the show rather than in the actual guard. I wanted so badly to tell them that the Bluecoats actually advertised for those special characters.

There were several other "genius" moments from the group, but I've luckily blanked them out.

This is a DCA story - the Bushwackers used to list their home city as Thermopolis, Wyoming as a joke, and they would be listed in the programs that way.

In 2007, they announced it as a commuter parking lot in New Jersey (Maybe wrong state, but it wasn't Wyoming)

-CJB

At the Quarterfinals broadcast I was lucky enough to sit in front of a bunch of "know-it-alls". The sad thing is that at least a couple of them marched in some manner (I heard them mention a couple of DCA corps that they marched).

Anyhoo, the one guy insisted that not only was Bloomington an hour behind us (Pittsburgh),

SNIP

There were several other "genius" moments from the group, but I've luckily blanked them out.

Hwy Scott,

You do know that, until two years ago, Bloominton was an hour behind Pittsburgh for half the year. Indiana time; the epitome of wacky!

Robert

I dont get it. Stuff happened in the bluecoats show. There was a narrator. At times, the narrator was describing EXACTLY what was going on on the field. Sometimes, the narrator was actually a voice, talking TO the characters on the field. I just fail to see how thats not 'narration'. I still maintain that the only real difference in bloos narration this year, and cadets the past two, has been quantity. Cadets had 2 to 3 times as much, which certainly warrents more criticism, but its not like they're in another universe or something - certainly not explaining someone loving bloos show and walking out on cadets (which i also witnessed..)

one show is music accented with narration...the narration was relevant to the music...show based on music, with narrated highlights.

one show is narration accented with music...the music had nothing relevant whatsoever to the narration...show based on narration, with musical highlights

one show is music accented with narration...the narration was relevant to the music...show based on music, with narrated highlights.

one show is narration accented with music...the music had nothing relevant whatsoever to the narration...show based on narration, with musical highlights

I might not like the cadets show from this year, but even I can tell exactly how the music fit the narration. It doesnt take a masters in music to figure it out. It may not have been as obvious and campy as bluecoats, but I dont mind being challenged beyond "HEY....BOXING.... Hey.....ROCKY!!!!"

Many years ago when I marched with De La Salle "Oaklands" we stopped at a county fair during tour to do an exhibition. As we lined up on the strating line (I said it was many years ago) the announcer inroduced us with:

"Please give a loud welcome to the Dee La Sally Drum Corps"

We chuckled for wekks after that.

Me: "BYBO!!"

friend with me: "...what?"

someone else 30 yards away in the audience: "BYBO!!!"

Me: "What he said"

I don't know what that means and Googling "BYBO definition" doesn't give me anything. Can someone please enlighten me?