Funny things you've heard fans say at shows

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 99 in a show in Logan, Utah the announcer was announcing DCI's website dci.org. But instead of saying d-c-i dot o-r-g, he said 'd-c-i dot orgy. Not only did he do it once he did it when he announced the corps' websites. Each time he did it a bunch of people people snicked and some audibly laughed. It was funny.

While walking outside the stadium but still in view of the show, there was a part where the guard fell to the ground. A little girl asked her mother, "Did they hurt themselves?"

My favorite is a little different. It was at JSU (Spirit's home show) around 1999. A whole family is walking down the aisle as Colts are on the field. A friend of mine grabs the lady by the shirt and says quietly, "Is this your first drum corps show?". She looks at him and says, "Why yes, it is." He glares at her and says, "Good, now sit down and remind me to stand in up in front of you during YOUR favorite corps".

The look on her face was priceless. The whole family sat in the middle of the aisle until the Colts were done.

Were on the field and somebody from the stands yelled

"Brian Hunt is an American Bad A##!"

wtf i seriously considered doing that in atlanta this year, that's so ridiculously strange. i guess something about him just screams drum corps cliches, haha.

And then there was that guy who can be clearly heard on the '93 Freelancers QF performance who yelled out "Go Ditka!" during the ballad.

I wonder who that guy was? :lol:

someone yells it during BD '95 too. maybe .....i forgot that guys name (torn8o; he used to post on here) who was the blond sop soloist, but he was in both corps.....a nickname, perhaps?

wtf i seriously considered doing that in atlanta this year, that's so ridiculously strange. i guess something about him just screams drum corps cliches, haha.

Haha, thanks, I guess... or maybe I'm just an American bad***? Who knows? I think that show was the closest I've come to laughing in uniform, though... the crowd was like completely silent so pretty much everyone on the field heard it.

someone yells it during BD '95 too. maybe .....i forgot that guys name (torn8o; he used to post on here) who was the blond sop soloist, but he was in both corps.....a nickname, perhaps?

No, the target in Freelancers was Greg Cowee, I believe, not Scott Steward... and I also know who yelled it out. :lol:

So what is the whole story with the American Bad ### thing? I've heard that Frank in BD 2000 is one and and so is Lisa in BD 04, but what's the whole story behind it?