The official "Phantom wins!" topic!

¡uʍop ǝpısdn plɹoʍ ʎɯ uɹnʇ puɐ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɹo ɯnnuıʇuoɔ ǝɯıʇ-ǝɔɐds ǝɥʇ ɟɟo ʍǝɹɥʇ ʇuǝɯıƃǝɹ ɯoʇuɐɥd ¿ɹǝʌo ʞɔɐq plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ dılɟ ǝɯ dlǝɥ ǝuoǝɯos uɐɔ ¿¡ʇɐɥʇ sı ǝɯɐl ʍoɥ ˙pɐǝɹɥʇ ʎɯ pǝsolɔ ǝllǝıuɐp

(TO DANIELLE: All in good fun. :worthy:)

Just had to quote that to say Too Cool!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had to quote that to say Too Cool!

Too Cool Too. Neato. Thanks SCVsopAaron. You too silvertrombone. Edit: i'll read the entire thread later but this is for you too Achilles...

Here's 1983 program but probably 1982 photo. Congrats :)

1983-phantom.jpg

Edited by lindap

Championship apparel coming

2008 World Champion apparel will be coming soon. Keeping watching

www.regiment.org

Congratulations, Phantom Regiment! I was there Saturday. YOU were amazing. The CROWD was amazing. The Show was Amazing. And the announcement of scores moment was just unbelievable. Wow.

Harvey

Boy I tell you I could not be more happier than I was Saturday night when I saw the final scores. I now regret not going to Bloomington to see them take the title but I honestly thought the Blue Devils would win. Now on to next season to defend our title and also a big congratulations to the percussion section who has been a powerhouse all season long! I saw the show in Rockford and was not so sure of the idea but after I saw it at the AMC on Thursday night I loved it. Guess 3 times is a charm but interesting fact the score that Phantom won with beat the 1996 score. 1989 still has the highest score for the Regiment of 98.4 but they did not win that year which just broke my heart. My brother marched that year in the pit and I wanted him to win it so bad after the very bad experience he had with the Cavies in 88. The kids worked so hard and never gave up and speaking of the Cavies when Phantom beat them in the semi finals I was in heaven. Can't wait to see what they will put together for next year. Phantom to me will always be a classy corp and this is why I support them 110%.

Championship merchandise yeah!! Time to spend spend spend! And nice picture there lindap of PR so glad you posted that.

:cool: :cool: :withstupid: SUTA!!!!!!!

Edited by SUTA 4 EVER

FIRST - congratulations to the whole PR corp and organization!!!!

I've followed Phantom since I was about 10 years old.....a long time ago!

Being in the 6th row at Orlando in 1996 was special, but nothing like this past Saturday night.

There were very, very few long time Phantom Phans in the upper rows of 109R....but there were tons of converts.

Half the section stood watching the herald horns come in, Sparticus in chains arrive, the evil DM pushed by the slaves across the field.

Altho we were some 40 rows above the playing field, you could see (and feel) when a horn player yanked on the slave's chain or kicked her to her knees. It looked pretty real and I could hear lots of "Did you see THAT?" and "That had to hurt!". Everyone was amazed by the theatrics.

....and then came the show, the music, the movement.

We watched as different characters 'died' and the movement built until hundreds, no maybe thousands of us joined the corps yelling "WE ARE SPARTICUS"!

There was so much going on that I had to convince a friend of mine that the evil DM DID die at the end....it was hard to follow all the action.

NEVER, NEVER have I heard so much screaming, clapping and overall joy as there was in the entire crowd BEFORE the show was even over!

I hope the PR corp members could hear it.

IT WAS CRAZY!!!

It started before the lancing of the evil DM and kept going until every PR corp member had left the field.

I wish I had a recorder of some sort with me - but it was so loud that I doubt it would have picked up anything to listen back to.

I felt sorry for the Blue Devils, their fans sure tried to whip the audience up.....but chants of 'Phantom, Phantom' slowly and quietly started and grew much louder as the corps came back out on the field.

In my section you could feel the tesion as the scores were announced and no one moved or dared to breathe until the final score was announced.

Then, as someone said, there was an instant where all of us stopped.

Did we hear what we thought we heard?

YES!

PHANTOM WON!

Everyone in my section went wild and I could hear a revirb from all across the stadium.

As I recall, the horns and drums of Phantom stood still, but I am sure they were shouting too (maybe internally).

I believe the guard fell into one big hug......it was awsome!

I ran down to find a seat in the 4th row on the 45 yard line and was surrounded by phans wearing other corps t-shirts.

We had all become Phantom Phans!

I looked back up into the stands and I swear two thirds of the people stayed to see the encore and the final song.

Very - very - moving.........

I've never been so proud to listen to my corp in all the 40+ years I have followed, and tried to sponsor, them.

It was very, very hard to see that evening end!!!!

I wish I had brought my iPod to finals so I could hook it up to my car radio and play/replay that show over and over as I waited to leave that crowded parking lot.

WAY TO GO PHANTOM REGIMENT!

....it still takes my breath away.....

See you back in Rockford - on to next year!

I was in the stands for semis and finals. There were two corps that elicited emotions from me to the point of tears - Crown's abso-tively gorgeous hornline and PR during most of the ending sequence of Spartacus. :cool: :cool:

And I gotta agree with folks who posted about it above - dragging and leaving the "dead emperor" DM to accept awards was sheer comic genius - I almost wet myself laughing about that. :withstupid:

When the "dead" DM sprang back to life to accept the Disney award, I yelled "It's a miracle!" way up in the upper left stands - got some laughs. :smile:

Heartiest congrats to Phantom Regiment and especially to our GOT buddy who is a MM, posts on here as zachariaswmb - Zach!

I cannot wait to re-capture it all when the DVDs arrive in a few months. I'm really hoping they show it all, beginning with the herald trumpets' call at the corner of the stadium whilst the Cavies were exiting the field, and ending with a crowd shot of the thunderous ovation at the end. :withstupid:

I was there too.... And this echoes my sentiments exactly. EVERYONE jumped to their feet as soon as BD's score was read out.... it was awesome! Phantom really deserved this win. Our day was complete when the DM came up & stood right in front of us to conduct America the Beautiful & Rick V came & sat near us for the encore. I have never seen so many people stay for the scores & the encore.

Phantom, you rock!! :cool: