What corp/what year?

I remember from a few years ago a band marching directly off the field right in the middle of a song in their Finals show. What corp was it and what year did it happen?

Thanks in advance for answers.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember from a few years ago a band marching directly off the field right in the middle of a song in their Finals show. What corp was it and what year did it happen?

Thanks in advance for answers.

Blue Devils 2004 during the closer of their show.

Unless your thinking of another example...

Ya, you're either thinking Devils in 04 or possibly SCV in 06....but either way, I'm pretty sure there's never been a "band" that's done it at DCI finals

I remember from a few years ago a band marching directly off the field

INCOMING! Duck and Cover! :tongue:

Anyway...

I seem to remember a "jazzy" corps in the early 2000s (Crossmen/Bluecoats) performing a final chord from the exit tunnel. And didn't Vanguard or someone do that in 1990/1991?

Vanguard also marched off the field while the pit was still playing at the end of their 1993 show... or maybe they were just in the endzone...

...BAND...? Is the OP not exactly what the problem is with DRUM CORPS today? What I want to see is when they start trying to change Bagpipe bands to marching bands and wonder why everyone there is #####*****!

I remember when you said "band" instead of "drum corps" you would have your head handed to you. Kinda like if you broke a corps' ranks.

But in defense of the guy, don't we now march 3v Bb trumpets instead of 2v G soprano bugles? And march tubas instead of contras? And march 150 instead of 127? More and more like "band", wouldn't you say?

If you think about it, shouldn't it be called "Drum and Brass Corps" instead of "Drum and Bugle Corps?"

One last tidbit about bugles:

The bugle developed from early musical or communication instruments made of animal horns,[1] with the word "bugle" itself coming from "buculus", Latin for bullock (castrated bull).

But in defense of the guy, don't we now march 3v Bb trumpets instead of 2v G soprano bugles? And march tubas instead of contras? And march 150 instead of 127? More and more like "band", wouldn't you say?

If you think about it, shouldn't it be called "Drum and Brass Corps" instead of "Drum and Bugle Corps?" quote....

England has had BRASS "BANDS" for over a century at least. Do WE want to really go there.....?

Edited by KiltieKemo06