Astounding story about PR drummer on Sunday

A rather amazing thing happened at the Indianapolis airport on Sunday, according to a snare drummer I marched with in the Cavaliers Anniversary Corps.

When he waiting for his plane, a Phantom Regiment snare drummer, wearing his PR jacket, walked up to him and asked if he was a drummer after seeing him with his drum case. Upon finding out he had marched in the CAC, the Phantom drummer opened his luggage, took out a pair of drumsticks, told the CAC drummer that the sticks were the ones he with which he won the DCI World Championship and the high percussion trophy, and told the CAC drummer he wanted him to have the sticks.

The CAC drummer stated, "This is an awesome honor, and I will cherish these sticks and your comments and tell my green brothers what you had to say about our reunion drumline. Thank you a million times over."

Can you say, "Wow"?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow... what an amazing gesture.

That's really cool!

The CAC was fantastic. Total treat to watch, as have been the other alumni corps. I hope this is a tradition that DCI continues going forward.

Wow.

So shines a good deed in a weary world.

PR still rises among the elite in the most important of all aspects: class.

Big ol' props to PR and this fine young man.

Edited by megadrive

Great story Mike. Never really thought about it until last year when I talked to members of the Kingsmen Alumni corps but lot of the present day marchers really dug the old style shows. Too bad I didn't see what Cavies Alum did this year. Actually can't recall seeing any negative posts about the "once and done" (Cavies, AK, 27th, Madison) Alumni groups that performed at DCI.

So who's up for 2009....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

So who's up for 2009....

I'm hoping that Star of Indiana pulls it together for 2010, the 25th anniversary of the corps' founding.

Can I hear a second?

I'm hoping that Star of Indiana pulls it together for 2010, the 25th anniversary of the corps' founding.

Can I hear a second?

:smile:

SECOND!!!!

MIKE

If Michael says it, I believe it.