Big drops by the guard

Ok, so maybe not a drop, but 1987 Phantom Regiment -- the epic lost skirt. That was so tragic since she lost it in the opener.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so maybe not a drop, but 1987 Phantom Regiment -- the epic lost skirt. That was so tragic since she lost it in the opener.

OK. Let's see. Fannetwork.com...

Load, #### it, LOAD...

Oh I totally forgot about that one. What a bummer that would've been, more so during finals and tv cameras nonetheless.

Carolina Crown 2002 - they rifle line spins lighting bolts.. they toss to each other and at least one drops.. maybe more.

Cadets 1996 - flag feature in the opener. They all toss and then someone in the middle of the block drops it. Good recovery, but still a badly missed catch. They still won guard that year though : )

Cadets 1998 - end of the show, one of the rifles drops on the last toss.

1989 Freelancers - girls TOTALLY missed picking up her swing flags in the opening of the show. They were on the field the rest of the show.

1992 Phantom Regiment ( i think it's this show) - one of the sabres drops and tries to pick it up but can't get to it without messing up the drill so she has to do "air sabre" the rest of the time.

As someone else mentioned, 1993 Blue Devils had a bad go of it in finals.

for me, none can compare to the first of the two huge ones in boston 1999. the crowd reaction must be incredibly confusing to those who havent actually seen the show.

i remember a front sideline toss in freelancers 1992, complete mess. opener, maybe?

i remember a front sideline toss in freelancers 1992, complete mess. opener, maybe?

Speaking of freelancers, does any one know if they dropped any of the sopranos in the toss at the beginning of the 1984 show?

Speaking of freelancers, does any one know if they dropped any of the sopranos in the toss at the beginning of the 1984 show?

I don't remember any during finals. Would've matters from amusical standpoint anyway...a lot of them were p/r horns, and unlike 88 'Coats, I don't think Freelancers guard played them in the olpening statement.

However, the first time we saw them throwing them around, BD had a collective heart attack!