Mini Corps Performance Order at DCA's

How can someone just change the rules? If it says 15 minutes, then it should be 15 minutes. That extra minute could mean something to someone.

Donny

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donny

I can't speak for Dick P. and you certainly have as much access to him as I, but you are right a rule is a rule (at least until December)...

Here is my take on it though... and I'm doing some guessing here... experience has shown that we don't need the full 15 minutes... 14 scheduling works fine... obviously if someone takes a little more they're ok until they reach the 15 minute limit... if you schedule at 15, there will be some down time we don't need... it goes late enough... even with 12 corps which by the way I think is much more manageable number than last year... I like it and look forward to Friday.

I will be running the stage and there will be no problem as long as everyone stays within the rules... thanks for reminding me to bring a stop watch...

I am not exactly sure of time for Ghost Riders....but in the attempt to stay with the "joneses" in formatted show quality, we have chosen to utilize props in the "visual enhancement" area.

I would hate to throw out these ideas to remain competitive because of time constraints that we didnt expect.

Donny

I am not exactly sure of time for Ghost Riders....but in the attempt to stay with the "joneses" in formatted show quality, we have chosen to utilize props in the "visual enhancement" area.

I would hate to throw out these ideas to remain competitive because of time constraints that we didnt expect.

Donny

I agree with you Donnie......

The times alloted SHOULD be the times that are stated in the DCA rules for Mini Corps. I do believe that Dick should take a second look at the rule book, and then assign the corps in that matter. You can't just change the rules a week before the Championship show! If it says 14 minutes, then it should be 14 minutes. If it says 15, then 15...and so on....

What would the Bucs do if they were told a week before Championships that they only have 10 minutes on and off the field after competing all year with their 12 minute production?

Thanks for listening!!!

I think we're all in agreement here boys. I also think Tom P. clarified sufficiently. If you need the full 15 minutes to get on and off, use it. It appears DCA is just trying to minimize down time between groups. All it takes is one of the first corps to only perform the minimum 6 minutes and be on and off in 8-10 minutes and there is 'buffer' time now in the schedule.

I should have thought that through a bit further before I asked. Thanks for the clarification Mr. Peashey.

Break a leg everyone!

Break a leg everyone!

Does this come from experience John??? :tongue:

YOU of all people should not wish this on anyone!!! LOL

Hey man....when are you guys getting there, and where you staying?

We are at the Clarion, and getting in on Thursday.

Probably going to head over to Dino for lunch.....if you guys are in town, come join us!

See you soon, and good luck to you and the gang from the Golden Eagles!!!

Unfortunately Frank, YES!!!

Some of us get in Thursday with the rest of the corps (myself included) getting in Friday afternoon about 3p. We're staying about a mile from the convention center at the East Ave Inn. We were shut out at the Clarion this year...they must have been embarrassed by our placement last year! :>P

If there is a question on the rules you could ask or maybe read them before attacking me.

There is no total time in the rules, there never has been. The scheduler sets the interval time.

Judged Portion in 5 to 10 minutes.

A competitive Corps gets on and off with a longer show in 16 21 people can do it in 14.

All rules are on the DCA I&E Chanpionship Site. Probably a good idea to know them before writing your shows.

Travel safely.

Edited by Rap48

Looks like only 14 minutes per corps on and off...I thought the rules gave corps 15 minutes? Not a big deal I suppose...just sayin...

I certainly wasn't attacking you Mr. Pronti. I asked a question. Traditionally, the 15 minute window was what many of us went by. I'm sure we didn't make it up. If it's no longer in the rules or (if it never was), someone at DCA let us know that was the expectation.

(Of course, Donny A and Ponzo may have attacked you as they have had it in for you for years... :tongue: )

In any event, Tom Peashey seems to have cleared it up and it's all good.

Thank you once again for putting together an awesome day 1 of Championship weekend!

Travel safely all!

Edited by strutta