Phantom's Championship Shows

Phantom's Championship Shows  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Which show do you think is better?

• 1996 - A Defiant Heart
    • 2008 - Spartacus

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll add my own commentary - I chose 2008, simply from a fan perspective. I think the narrative of Spartacus engaged the audience in a way that the 1996 show couldn't. I did see the '96 corps live that summer, and while the show was a program that certainly demanded appreciation, I don't know if it quite engaged the audience like the crowds I saw on Friday / Saturday this year.

Of course, we're talking different eras in drum corps, too, so it's apples / oranges.

Mike

1996 was my favorite... until this year.

I will say that 1996 had better music and Kristy Spears (OMFG), but 2008 had the better total package.

Okay, I'll bite. :lol: What are your top 3 PR shows?

Mike

Well, I was avoiding hijacking this into everyone disputing my picks. 03 is my favorite but I know it can't compete execution-wise. My top three by judges standards are 89, 06, 91. I'm giving 08 a tie (bad word) with 89 until a couple of years pass. I want to award it #1 right now though.

I actually picked 1996. 2008 was very similar to me by comparison to recent shows of theirs, specifically 2006 and elements of 2007 as well. Pardon me for saying it, but as I watched and listened I got kind of a "been there, done that" feel. However, 1996 felt very different. Phanotom, to me, has always "bled" intensity and power, but 1996 brought out the passion to accompany it. 2008 wasn't passion-LESS by any stretch, but if I'm choosing between the two, I say 1996 easily.

you can't ask me to choose between these two! it's ABSURD!

it's like asking to choose which one of your children (your dark and brooding one or the aggressive, high energy one) you love more. it ain't happening!

Edited by chaos001