Why do you love Crown?

Corpsreps is not accurate in the slightest. It doesn't even list Dance Movements for BD, their entire closer. Take anything you see on there with a grain of salt.

Yeah, because your contribution to the drum corps activity is so vital and relevant, right ??

Geoffrey

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corpsreps is not accurate in the slightest. It doesn't even list Dance Movements for BD, their entire closer. Take anything you see on there with a grain of salt.

Okay. This has been bugging me ever since I first heard the show and people were saying that they were playing Sweeney. Being a big ST fan and I could hear how people thought they were playing part of "Epiphany", but if you listen closely, there are differences. I just left that argument alone until now since it's come into question again. Since I still wasn't buying it, I decided to go straight to the source and called Crown myself just a few minutes ago.

For the record, they did not play Sweeney Todd. It's an original composition based on the Toccata and Fugue (which is also what Epiphany was based on). Which is why ST isn't listed on corpsreps but the Toccata and Fugue is. I find corpsreps to usually be quite accurate as they are with this one.

Nope ! If Jordan Kay says Corpsreps is wrong, then that is the final word...............

Geoffrey

Accessible doesn't mean popular, common or often heard. New and different music is welcomed and appreciated.

Presentation is the key. There has been a lot of new music presented in a way that the general audience can appreciate and enjoy. There has also been some less that accessible presentations.

2008 appeared to be a change for the positive with Crown being a frontrunner - even if some of the music was not new.

Well from most of the comments I've read about that subject on this thread, that's exactly what it means. Crown's show has a lot of music that has been heard before, played before, etc., which is okay, because it worked well for them. To me, it seems many people want to hear music that HAS been heard before, and I have also heard the same thing in many other threads.

Well from most of the comments I've read about that subject on this thread, that's exactly what it means. Crown's show has a lot of music that has been heard before, played before, etc., which is okay, because it worked well for them. To me, it seems many people want to hear music that HAS been heard before, and I have also heard the same thing in many other threads.

Fair enough. That just isn't the way I would characterize it!!

Maybe we should start a thread saying "why do you love to always find something to be so negative about?"

Just a thought for those that don't get out into the light very much where the normal folks live...

If Jordan Kay says Corpsreps is wrong, then that is the final word...............

Nope. That is not true. I never claimed this, where are you getting this idea?

In this case, Corpsreps is wrong. BD's closer this year was movement IV of Philip Sparke's "Dance Movements." There is no mention of this piece on Corpsreps. The website is wrong. Would you like to go ahead and argue that BD did not play this piece this year and that the website is actually correct?

I was there, I know what they played.

Edited by Hrothgar15

Maybe we should start a thread saying "why do you love to always find something to be so negative about?"

Just a thought for those that don't get out into the light very much where the normal folks live...

Please, spare me the quote as this site is filled with negativity. Go back a few pages and you will see it.

And I'm just saying, people seem to find a lot wrong with corps who play music that not everyone knows.