Food problems on tour

My corps fed another corps once, but I don't know if it was because they really needed it or we were just being friendly (the other corps had food, but it wasn't as good as ours. Also from what I've heard the two corps have had very good relations for a long time).

It really shocks me that this has happened before. I think I'd cry if I ever saw a corps that had no food at all!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We always ate pretty good in BD...I've heard the stories from others, tho.

Well, Sam ... you are a "BD of the '80s" :smile:

I remember one time in some podunk town, we were rehearsing, and the horn line actually went on strike, since we hadn't had food in a while. Jerry immediately called us section leaders in, and agreed to get us KFC "right now" if we would continue rehearsal ... which we did!

On the other hand ... there was the time when we were staying with the Muchachos, they were eating "something", and our chef, Otto, served us lobster! :smile: :smile:

Well, Sam ... you are a "BD of the '80s" :smile:

I remember one time in some podunk town, we were rehearsing, and the horn line actually went on strike, since we hadn't had food in a while. Jerry immediately called us section leaders in, and agreed to get us KFC "right now" if we would continue rehearsal ... which we did!

On the other hand ... there was the time when we were staying with the Muchachos, they were eating "something", and our chef, Otto, served us lobster! :smile: :smile:

Heh....good points.

'Course....there WAS that one time we fed Gahfield at the Canadien border....our worst mean and they were in paradise!

Heh....good points.

'Course....there WAS that one time we fed Gahfield at the Canadien border....our worst mean and they were in paradise!

You wanna' compare BITD food stories ... Most of the time Bayonne just pulled their busses up to a strip mall and we at at whatever fast food places we could afford ... A couple of times that meant Wendy's for breakfast.

On rare occasion we had our chef, Angie Spinelli, with us ... Then it was good eats. :smile: Most of the time, it was Chez Dennoiz and Mickey D's.

You wanna' compare BITD food stories ... Most of the time Bayonne just pulled their busses up to a strip mall and we at at whatever fast food places we could afford ... A couple of times that meant Wendy's for breakfast.

On rare occasion we had our chef, Angie Spinelli, with us ... Then it was good eats. :smile: Most of the time, it was Chez Dennoiz and Mickey D's.

Breakfast of champions, man!

Wait... Wheaties... My bad.

Edited by PhantomRPhan

thats actually not true. poor nutrition during formative years stunts your growth and leads to health problems later in life, and for most people that period of growth continues until they are 18-21, on average.

So let me know when you really plan on feeding your kids cardboard. And who the hell said anything about poor nutrition?

Breakfast of champions, man!

Could well have been ... :smile:

yeah magic.

Then there's these guys.

The students were kept on their feet for most of the 51-hour rehearsal with little food and rest and no shelter from the night's downpour, as the show's directors attempted to coordinate the 2,008-member performance with multimedia effects, students and their head coach told the AP.

"We had only two meals for the entire time. There was almost no time to sleep, even less time for toilet breaks."

So let me know when you really plan on feeding your kids cardboard. And who the hell said anything about poor nutrition?

i didn't think you were recommending feeding people actual cardboard but drum corps have a responsibility to not just feed their kids but feed them well, and that means getting everyone balanced nutrition, including fresh vegetables and lean protein. anything else is actually physically harmful to the human body, which is bad at any time, but has particularly long lasting consequences when its done during formative years. you don't get a second chance to develop healthy internal organs and strong bones.