Drum Corps Bloopers!

I don't know what year it was, but it was when PR still did vocal count offs and the phans in the bleachers all yelled SUTA. Drowned out the DM and cost PR a title

EDIT: not a title, but at least a show

Edited by K-Swiss

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what year it was, but it was when PR still did vocal count offs and the phans in the bleachers all yelled SUTA. Drowned out the DM and cost PR a title

... i'm pretty sure that's not what happened.

i know this happened, but i'm almost positive it wasn't finals night.

I didn't say it was finals night. just a win in general. I saw it somewhere here on DCP a while back

1992 first show of the season--at the beginning of the third number our drumline came in four counts too early and threw off the rest of the corps and it was crash and burn the whole song as we could not recover. We all got a good butt chewing in the lot afterwards.

poor wording, then. i'll go back and edit it, if it'll make you feel better

In 91, at semi's we (Marauders) were going on the field, and setting up, and I noticed the freakin drum line was missing. I was the DM and I was dragging my feet, with the warm up, set up, etc. Then, over the loud speaker..." Drum Major Lane Anthony, is your corps ready?" The drum live comes running there ##### off onto the field. I wait till they get close to there opeing spots, turn around salute, and start the show. I was scared out of my mind that we would have to go with out them. Turned out to be a pretty crappy run... go figure. :lookaround:

Edited by lanestar

In 91, at semi's we (Marauders) were going on the field, and setting up, and I noticed the freakin drum line was missing. I was the DM and I was dragging my feet, with the warm up, set up, etc. Then, over the loud speaker..." Drum Major Lane Anthony, is your corps ready?" The drum live comes running there ##### off onto the field. I wait till they get close to there opeing spots, turn around salute, and start the show. I was scared out of my mind that we would have to go with out them. Turned out to be a pretty crappy run... go figure. :lookaround:

I loved your performance at semi's although it was the only time we saw you that year. But I listened to it over and over when I received the c.d.'s