DCA Weekend 2008

-Wednesday morning-GCS equipement leaves Houston

-Wednesday after work-GCS caravan with husband as a driver leaves Houston (Suckers :tongue: )

-Thursday morning at 5:00-call in sick to work because district will not let me take personal days before a holiday even though they all know I will not be in, head to the airport, get in to Rochester around 1:00 pm

-Friday 2 AM-welcome the GCS caravan and equipment to the hotel

-Friday 9 am-practice

-Friday night- I&E, drink some beverages, hang out

-Saturday am-practice

-Saturday afternoon-prelims, then watch the rest of the show

-Sunday am-Hopefully practice, otherwise alumni show

-Sunday night-show

-Monday-check out and fly home

-Tuesday-teach periodic table, go pick up husband from GCS caravan after school

Here's hoping everyone has delay-free flights through Atlanta and everywhere else!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still trying to get used to the idea of little ol' DCA :tongue: running from Friday night to Sunday night. (Thus speaketh the old guy who did Prelims and Finals the same day.) When I wasn't marching used to go to Allentown for Prelims only and go home. Did the same 2002 Prelims at Scranton when I wanted to see if I still enjoyed corps after a 10 year absence (yeah I did).

Now we're leaving Thursday for the drive, dinner with the crew and (hopefully) full slate of I&E/Mini, Prelims, Alumnis, Finals with plenty of fellowship with food, drink and more food. :tongue: Someone tell Dinosaurs to reserve a Big ### platter and a regular Genny for me. :w00t:

So what's everyone elses plans? Anyone not making all the events (which is cool as you're supporting DC by making what you do).

Yeah, slow Friday at work and getting pumped. :beer:

Edit: Translation for Western PA folks - What are yinz doing :beer:

well,i am leaving thursday am and driving to pittsburgh to pick up sandy and head to rochester. we are at the clarion......look us up! got a room full of steel city,plus westshore and kilties,and an empire alum! got dinosaur plans for friday!

Riding up sat am with bayonne.Practice til 6-7?ish.

Evening din din and talent show with corps.

Sunday am probably a short practice,alumni show,some beverages and then maybe hang out in Bushland.

Finals,more beverages,and home Monday am.

Fly in Friday afternoon. Get rental car. Check into hotel.

Go to I & E. Find local pub. Skip I & E. Stay in pub--eat and drink merrily, as we roll along.

Sleep in Saturday. Practice at 2pm.

Go to dinner/talent show. Skip dinner, stay by bar. Watch talent show from bar. Disappear.

Warmup Sunday, avoid any strenuous activity, do alumni show, turn in "hat and coat". Back to hotel. Go to finals. Go to the Bud lounge and watch finals on the monitor. Drink Canadian beer from vendor outside Bud lounge. Party with friends. Drink more Canadian beer. Have one Michelob, tip bartender bigtime. Drink more Canadian beer. Repeat previous step. Look for fruity foo foo drinks. Drink fff drinks. Party with Westshore alumni. Repeat previous two steps. Watch Buccanneers win. Return to hotel. Go to bar for "squirrel juice". Drink "squirrel juice". Repeat previous step several times. Crash in room.

WAKE UP Monday in time to make checkout. Go to airport, drop off rental car, check in on standby, try to leave NY before my scheduled 8:30pm departure time. Find lounge in between flights. Enjoy more squirrel juice. Repeat several times. Fly home. Drive home. Sleep and have dreams about not being ready for fresheman day at school on Tuesday. :tongue:

I've loved, Ive laughed and cried. I've had my fill; my share of losing.

And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that; And may I say - not in a shy way,

No, oh no not me, I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught.

To say the things he truly feels; And not the words of one who kneels.

The record shows I took the blows -

And did it MY way!

well,i am leaving thursday am and driving to pittsburgh to pick up sandy and head to rochester. we are at the clarion......look us up! got a room full of steel city,plus westshore and kilties,and an empire alum! got dinosaur plans for friday!

LOL I'll be with Lancers Alumni so we can start an ICA Circuit riot. :tongue:

Not sure where we're eating but last year hit Dino before I&E so I'll keep my eyes open.

LOL I'll be with Lancers Alumni so we can start an ICA Circuit riot. :tongue:

Not sure where we're eating but last year hit Dino before I&E so I'll keep my eyes open.

ICA circuit riot?! gosh,did i forget to mention my ohio brass factory pal,who plans to be in attendance? cant have a proper riot without HIM!..... :tongue: got it! dino on friday,prior to I&E.

how about 5:00 p.m.?

Fly in Friday afternoon. Get rental car. Check into hotel.

Go to I & E. Find local pub. Skip I & E. Stay in pub--eat and drink merrily, as we roll along.

Sleep in Saturday. Practice at 2pm.

Go to dinner/talent show. Skip dinner, stay by bar. Watch talent show from bar. Disappear.

Warmup Sunday, avoid any strenuous activity, do alumni show, turn in "hat and coat". Back to hotel. Go to finals. Go to the Bud lounge and watch finals on the monitor. Drink Canadian beer from vendor outside Bud lounge. Party with friends. Drink more Canadian beer. Have one Michelob, tip bartender bigtime. Drink more Canadian beer. Repeat previous step. Look for fruity foo foo drinks. Drink fff drinks. Party with Westshore alumni. Repeat previous two steps. Watch Buccanneers win. Return to hotel. Go to bar for "squirrel juice". Drink "squirrel juice". Repeat previous step several times. Crash in room.

WAKE UP Monday in time to make checkout. Go to airport, drop off rental car, check in on standby, try to leave NY before my scheduled 8:30pm departure time. Find lounge in between flights. Enjoy more squirrel juice. Repeat several times. Fly home. Drive home. Sleep and have dreams about not being ready for fresheman day at school on Tuesday. :tongue:

I've loved, Ive laughed and cried. I've had my fill; my share of losing.

And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that; And may I say - not in a shy way,

No, oh no not me, I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught.

To say the things he truly feels; And not the words of one who kneels.

The record shows I took the blows -

And did it MY way!

local pub at the clarion! conviently located right next to I&E! you,and 3,000 of your closest friends!

ICA circuit riot?! gosh,did i forget to mention my ohio brass factory pal,who plans to be in attendance? cant have a proper riot without HIM!..... :tongue: got it! dino on friday,prior to I&E.

how about 5:00 p.m.?

Wish I could say "#### Yeah" Steve but I can't commit to any time or place other than the shows right now. This year there's about 12 of us going and it's a group effort on where and when we go to eat. But I'll be putting in for Dinos Friday night so who knows.

After all Dinos has the two things some members of my group look for: beer and hot ###ed BBQ sauce.

Hmmm.....let's see....

Thursday

Arrive Clarion Hotel around 12 noon after Flight from JFK

Dino BBQ at around 1:30 to 2pm for Lunch

Relax the rest of the day

Dinner at arond 7:30 - 8pm

Drink many Jack & 7's

BED

Friday

Breakfast at Clarion

Relax

Rehearsal with Golden Eagles at Clarion second floor ballroom from noon to 3pm

Relax some more (with lunch and dinner thrown in there for good measure)

Rehearse again approx 8:30

First taste of BUG JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perform at Mini Corps Show (On next to last...at 10:31, unless someone changed the rules.....hopefully Donnie will get that clarified...)Do the best job of the year!!!

Drink many Jack & 7's!!!!!

BED

Saturday

Wake up from a GOOD hangover !!!

Breakfast.....whenever

Relax

Lunch....whenever

Relax

Head over to stadium for prelims

Watch Prelims

Back to hotel

Drink many Jack & 7's

BED

Sunday

Wake up

Breakfast

Rehearsal with Cabs Alumni

Head over to stadium

Second taste of BUG JUICE!!!!

Perform my last field show with the Caballeros Alumni

Back to hotel

Lunch

Relax

Head over to stadium to watch finals

Back to Hotel

Drink many Jack & 7's

BED

Monday

GO HOME

BED

local pub at the clarion! conviently located right next to I&E! you,and 3,000 of your closest friends!

and hopefully the service will be better this year!!! :tongue: