DCA Weekend 2008

Perform my last field show with the Caballeros Alumni
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year...

WHAT??!!??!!??

:thumbup::lol:

*yes ~ that's for both of you!*

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no ROn?

Frank retiring?

well, ok if Ron isn't there, the weather should clear up by Friday. If Frank retires...well...####. whose ### will i kiss in my reviews now?

WHAT??!!??!!??

:smile: :smile:

*yes ~ that's for both of you!*

Hey Liz......

Ok....since Ron responded, I figured I better as well......

Here's the bottom line.....

I started marching in a parade corps on Long Island in 1978. Went into the DCA ranks in 1982, and have been going non stop since then. I really think I need a break, and need a year off. Need to finally start saving some money, and this is by far the best way to do it. I'm not saying that I will come back the following year, but I have not ruled out that possibility either. I just need some time. Yes...I know the Alumni corps is going to Europe next year, but if i'm gonna save money...going to Europe is not going to help. Maybe i'll catch a couple of shows next year, and will definitely be at DCA's once again....but it will not be on the field. It will be in the stands where I can enjoy myself!

I'll still be involved with the Golden Eagles, as they need help with their parade corps (even though I HATE parades!!), and have committed next year to them explicitly.

So....that's it Liz......my last field show with the Cabs Alumni!

I hope you are able to get up to Rochester, and thing work themselves out with your job!!

See you soon!!!

i wish you nothing but the best Frank ~ you know that.

i do completely understand your decision and the reasoning behind it.

:smile: tho i'm sure this virtual one will be replaced by a real one this weekend.

Yeah, "Life" (broken foot and associated loss of vacation and pay, etc. in April/May) got in the way - so I have to stay home this year...

Sorry, hon...

:smile:

i forgot about the broken foot Ron. *April & May are still being blocked out of my head as much as possible.* well it will NOT be the same without seeing you. :mat:

:mat: well that's one less drink i have to buy now :mat:

:smile:

Best to Ron and Frank. At least Frank is sticking around with the Golden Eagles. Taking a "break" that way sure beats not doing anything with Drum Corps. (Been there, done that, it's sucks). OMG, Frank has been doing corps since I was competing. :smile:

Sorry about the foot and not seeing you this year Ron. I lost track where the heck you live anymore and thought the swimming pool called Port St Lucie was the reason. :smile:

i wish you nothing but the best Frank ~ you know that.

i do completely understand your decision and the reasoning behind it.

:smile: tho i'm sure this virtual one will be replaced by a real one this weekend.

Thanks Liz......I was actually going to take THIS year off, but Curt Hawkins talked me into doing one more year before I took a year off. Little did I know back then the corps would be going to Europe next year. Not that I really want to go (especially if OBAMA get's into office.......International Tourism is going to suffer BIG TIME, and the last place I really want to be is on an international flight!!)

I'm gonna take you up on the :smile: when I see you!!! :mat:

Safe travels, and see you over the weekend!

And Ron.......I DO hope your feeling better soon. I'll miss you as well at DCA's this year. Who's gonna post those great video's of us on youtube????

Hey Liz......

Here's the bottom line.....

I started marching in a parade corps on Long Island in 1978. Went into the DCA ranks in 1982, and have been going non stop since then. I really think I need a break, and need a year off. Need to finally start saving some money, and this is by far the best way to do it. I'm not saying that I will come back the following year, but I have not ruled out that possibility either. I just need some time. Yes...I know the Alumni corps is going to Europe next year, but if i'm gonna save money...going to Europe is not going to help. Maybe i'll catch a couple of shows next year, and will definitely be at DCA's once again....but it will not be on the field. It will be in the stands where I can enjoy myself!

I'll still be involved with the Golden Eagles, as they need help with their parade corps (even though I HATE parades!!), and have committed next year to them explicitly.

I hope you are able to get up to Rochester, and thing work themselves out with your job!!

See you soon!!!

:mat::smile::smile:

Hey Liz......

See you soon!!!

Hey Frank ... retirement ain't all that bad ... as Grand Poobah of the NY SIDELINERS, I welcome you with beverage in hand ... come hang out at the SWAN DIVE next year in Clifton ... and experience you won't soon forget! (ask Nanci) ... LOL ...

Andy "two years removed from the field of play" Lisko

Edited by ajlisko