Tater Tot Surprise :tongue:

Dare I ask? Just what was the surprise? :tongue:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chicken encheladas and leftover meatloaf

:tongue:

Seriously, you can't plese evryone in a diverse group, so one man's meat is another man's moider, right? There were things I personally hated, like ham patties, or taco salad, but that didn't make them inedible. And we always had PB&J handy for the hard-to-please.

Colts 1983. Small Dixie cup of orange drink. Small bowl of Cheerios, no milk left.

I also remember being at some crappy little parade and begging one of the locals for water, as our "director is really mean and doesn't allow us to have any". "NO, I DON'T WANT ANY MORE SALT TABLETS, HOW ABOUT SOME FREAKING WATER!!!" God, that was a terrible summer. Thanks Jimmy! :tongue:

I soon learned to live out of 7-11 on the road. Met the infamous Cavalier Ed and his sidekick Chuck at one at some crappy central Illinois show. Eddie had a Skyliners shirt on and I asked him if he marched there! Will see those guys later today at the senior corps Nationals in Rochester! :tongue:

A GSC corps I taught back in the 70's did a short tour...one evening the cook staff decided to make spaghetti...they purchased the cheapest pasta they could find...they put it in the boilng water, and forgot that it was cooking...

By the time they realized the error the pasta had been reduced to an amorphous mass of goo. :tongue:

Ended up having sloppy joe's over hamburger rolls, which was actually decent. They chopped up the meatballs into the sauce and just poured it over the rolls.

On the other plus side...the corps uniform pants had the sharpest creases at next day's show as they made use of the "starch"! :tongue:

And baloney & processed cheese.

This went by the quaint name of "Horse #### and binder."

For the select few brave souls who marched Blue Knights in 2001, there is one word that will live in infamy:

SNOWPEAS!!!!