Carolina Crown or Bluecoats

BLOO for me.

I loved CCrown's 05 show, but that's about it from this decade. Most of their shows seem immature despite their incredible brass and colorguard performances.

I loved BLOO 100% up until the past few years. Narration/drumspeak has been killing it softly though.

Don't get me wrong, BLOO 05, 07, & 08 were terrific shows. But without narration/drumspeak they would've been 10 times better IMO. (different strokes for different folks I suppose). As a side-note: Something about the shows the past 2 years just didn't have the same flow/emotion as the 05/06 shows did. Maybe it's the uniform change...maybe it's the concepts based around a type of person(Criminal/Boxer), rather than a more open-ended theme...maybe it's the narration........though it's probably just a combination of all of those.

Brass and Percussion are BALLS.

either way

BLOO

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say Bluecoats all the way. I love their style of jazz, especially from their Conexxus show and Criminal. And I loved the ballad brass blast from this year, as well as the entire drum solo section.

Bluecoats without a doubt for me.

The only show I have liked from Crown is 2006.

in the past, Bloo...loved their jazzy style..

the last 2 years???

I like Crown's overall programs better, but Bloo has better moments in their shows...so...toss up

I'll have to go with Bluecoats for their consistency. I've enjoyed every program they've put on these past few years (although I didn't get to see this year's), especially 2006.