I and E

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@#$% United won Mini corps

Again I am not surprised at all by that.I spent the weekend with one of their members recently.He is a great guy and had some really impressive stuff to say about their organization and the dedication they put into their mission statement.

I still can't bring myself to say that 4 letter word though. :w00t::doh:

Congrats to That corps from Indiana That makes a Three Peat???

Yes it does.

:rock::w00t::doh::rock:

Edited by camel lips

Scores are up

1 Star United 98.33

2 Mass Brass 97.17

3 Golden Eagles 95.17

4 Music City Legend 94.23

5 Ghost Rider 93.00

6 Minne Brass 91.67

6 Thunderbirds 91.67

7 Capital Brass 84.33

8 Amoskeag 81.00

8 Outlaws 81.00

9 Crossmen Xtreme 77.83

A TIE for 6th AND 8th (or 9th). (But wouldn't that place Crossmen in 10th? or 11th?)

MAV

Edited by MAV

MCL Mini took 4th there

What was the .06 penalty about?

I didn't ask but it could only have been over or under time

I was a bit busy announcing and screwing up by starting to read the wrong write up when outlaws came on.. ah well... we senior citizens get forgiven...

Major congrats to my "fellow" Renegades and to my friend, Scott for taking 1st in the snare drum competition!!

Congrats to Hulka, Denise, Lori Ann, Ali, and the whole MCL mini corps! Way to represent the corps so well in I&E!!!!!

Gotta say, last night was one of the most exciting I have ever experienced as a member of Mass Brass. Hats off to Star for that great sound. But I would personally like to thank the crowd in attendance for the OUTSTANDING response you gave us. I had such a hard time falling asleep last night. I think my chops are still buzzing! Looks like everybody brought it last night, and to end up second with the talent in that show was truly a thrill. Our show was very special, and the excitement flowing through each of our members is something to behold. When we started playing the last tune, I couldn't believe that we were already into our closer. Last time I got that feeling was in 1978, when I took the field with North Star. I don't know what or where we go from here, but I am sure it will be even better, although that is extremely hard to believe on my part. Mini Corps ROCKS. Now on to Albany, and let me remind you all, if you can make that weekend, September 27, be there, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

I enjoyed my stint on the midrange individuals stage, and felt I did a decent job, but alas it was only good enough 8th. Guess the judge didn't like "Alfie". :rock: All kidding aside, I finally got to watch the other competitors, and man you guys rock! Scooter, man, that was awesome. I did miss Paul McDonald, but I would like to congratulate all those in the I&E...it takes balls just to be on stage by yourself and let it all hang out!

Lastly, I want to thank Larry Kerchner for writing a book that ROCKED THE HOUSE, Steve Conant, or main horn man, accompanied by Mike Cahill, whom I have learned an enormous amount from this year, Neal and Tony Smith, who staged us masterfully to give us that great unified sound, and mostly my Mass Brass family, who have understood and helped me through some very trying times with my dad being very sick. Finally, my dad...Dad, this one was for you!

Scores are up

1 Star United 98.33

2 Mass Brass 97.17

3 Golden Eagles 95.17

4 Music City Legend 94.23

5 Ghost Rider 93.00

6 Minne Brass 91.67

6 Thunderbirds 91.67

7 Capital Brass 84.33

8 Amoskeag 81.00

8 Outlaws 81.00

9 Crossmen Xtreme 77.83

A TIE for 6th AND 8th (or 9th). (But wouldn't that place Crossmen in 10th? or 11th?)

MAV

Mass Brass must have put on one heck of a show.

Still hoping that the Pootsmen can put together a reunion next year.