DCA 2008 Preliminaries Coverage

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kilties are doing a very fun take on this music. I wouldn't have thought that Praetorious would work on the field.

Mellos just ripped a trill! Nice!

Being sandwiched between MCL and Kilties isn't doing Alliance any favors. That's two very powerful hornlines they're between.

The drum major and a keyboard soloist (on the field wearing his/her instrument) are wearing jester caps to start the 2nd piece.

The horn line is now in a large block on the 50, high stepping forward

OK, one of the members just did a bunch of cartwheels. Remember, they're called the Kilties for a reason. This member made sure to wear undergarments. Smiley face undergarments, which we got a good look at because they stopped in a handstand, with kilt flowing down.

All I know is that the drum line just played so loud that I couldn't hear the horns behind them, even though THEY were playing loud, too.

Very nice backfield moment, pure renaissance.

Horns now up front in an arc, drum line is coming forward holding the same style flags as the guard. Very nice ripple effect across the field as a result.

Great musical moment to end the piece, except a baritone held over an extra count.