New Additions to DCA?

Kansan

Additions to DCA  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who will graduate from exhibition?

• Masquerade
    • High Country Brass
    • Prairie Sound
    • En Garde
    • Sounds of Philidelphia
    • Austin Stars
    • Derby City Knights
  2. 2. Who will make it to Rochester?

• Sun Devils
    • Derby City Knights
    • Austin Stars
    • Cincinnati Tradition

mmmm... nothing like junior corps charts played slower and dirtier :bigsmile:

ouch :fight:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, because no corps in DCA use DCI corps music.

Ever.

Especially not the same arrangements or anything. Because that would be like DCI or something.

You miss my point. I am not saying that.

Mixing Old and New is fine. BUT, we do not need to GO to being a carbon Copy of DCI.

DCA is Growing in Numbers of Corps and Fans. DCI IS NOT. Must mean something.

Look at Both Renegades and Empire. Both use a Mixed style. I just hate to see ONLY the DCI way of things being Rewarded VERY MUCH more than either the Mixed or more Traditional. KEEP ALL. Reward ALL.

OR - in my Opinion Loose, like DCI.

Like I have said a hundred times. This is NOT an ANTI, Buc's or Star United post. Both are Excellent and MUST be rewarded for their great work, and well earned Titles.

You miss my point. I am not saying that.

Mixing Old and New is fine. BUT, we do not need to GO to being a carbon Copy of DCI.

DCA is Growing in Numbers of Corps and Fans. DCI IS NOT. Must mean something.

Look at Both Renegades and Empire. Both use a Mixed style. I just hate to see ONLY the DCI way of things being Rewarded VERY MUCH more than either the Mixed or more Traditional. KEEP ALL. Reward ALL.

Like I have said a hundred times. This is NOT an ANTI, Buc's or Star United post. Both are Excellent and MUST be rewarded for their great work, and well earned Titles.

I wouldn't say that DCI is not growing in fans. They are still doing a good job at getting their local shows and regionals close to sold out. Finals is almost always sold out. DCA is growing in fans BECAUSE there are more corps. When more corps compete, more people come to watch them compete (family, friends... friends of friends). It is great that our activity is having this happen, but there is a reason for it. There are some people coming to DCA because they don't like what is going on with DCI, but not as many as you want to believe.

Also, how are the Bucs a "DCI way" corps more than others? I do believe that MBI performed a show with music that has been done by junior corps before (by the way, I LOVED MBI this year). The Bucs weren't my favorite (although high on my list), but the reason they are winning is because they are executing their show better... not because they are doing a better job at copying DCI. I will agree that the Renedages are different, and I like that; but I have seen Empire's show many times in the band world, not to mention their music (though done well) has also been played by junior corps... in fact, almost their entire show came from a former Cadets show this year.

I wouldn't say that DCI is not growing in fans. They are still doing a good job at getting their local shows and regionals close to sold out. Finals is almost always sold out. DCA is growing in fans BECAUSE there are more corps. When more corps compete, more people come to watch them compete (family, friends... friends of friends). It is great that our activity is having this happen, but there is a reason for it. There are some people coming to DCA because they don't like what is going on with DCI, but not as many as you want to believe.

You keep believing all that DCI hype.

DCI - Fewer groups. Fewer Shows. Yep, that proves things.

DCA- More groups. More Shows. More Fans. Sounds like the Direction I would want!

I feel great! MY BP was 104 over 78 today with a 54 pulse...is that good?

Keith, I think in your case you are technically dead. We will hold a spot open for you just in case!

SD is in the process of planning... A luxury we did not have last year. We are organizing a steering committee and will have our annual year end BOD meeting this month. If anyone out there is interested in being a volunteer, steering committee, staff/tech or maybe even BOD member - please drop us a PM , e-mail or phone call. We want to hear ideas and need enthusiastic support.

Recruiting - We will also be having Banquet/Open House announcement soon. If you are interested in joining for 2009 - please start the sign up now !!!

We want to look at things like a mini-corps that would run in conjunction with the compete corps. Maybe made of non-marching members that could do off-season/winter stuff (yeah we have winter parades !) as well as doing DCA mini-corps. Another goal is to get DCI All-Age status for the DCI shows down here.

So we are far from dead - after all, we did buy 135 uniforms before Manassas last year for a reason.

You keep believing all that DCI hype.

DCI - Fewer groups. Fewer Shows. Yep, that proves things.

DCA- More groups. More Shows. More Fans. Sounds like the Direction I would want!

I think that major regional and finals attendance proves a lot. I agree that there are less corps. It is getting expensive to drive all over the country for a summer (DCA's model is more economical)... but yes, I will continue to believe in my own DCI hype and support both organizations.

Sounds Of Philadelphia will be there next year, something you can count on

:thumbup::whistle::tongue: WHAT HE SAID :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Feel the pressure Austin Stars. From the pole, you guys are expected to to great things.

Also, how are the Bucs a "DCI way" corps more than others? I do believe that MBI performed a show with music that has been done by junior corps before (by the way, I LOVED MBI this year). The Bucs weren't my favorite (although high on my list), but the reason they are winning is because they are executing their show better... not because they are doing a better job at copying DCI. I will agree that the Renedages are different, and I like that; but I have seen Empire's show many times in the band world, not to mention their music (though done well) has also been played by junior corps... in fact, almost their entire show came from a former Cadets show this year.

Which show did Empire copy from Cadets? Empire's show this year was a tribute to their own history.