New Additions to DCA?

Kansan

Additions to DCA  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who will graduate from exhibition?

• Masquerade
    • High Country Brass
    • Prairie Sound
    • En Garde
    • Sounds of Philidelphia
    • Austin Stars
    • Derby City Knights
  2. 2. Who will make it to Rochester?

• Sun Devils
    • Derby City Knights
    • Austin Stars
    • Cincinnati Tradition

anybody besides me wanna see the Skyliners back in rochester in 09?

Does anyone have any info on this? Are the Skyliners going to make a comeback for '09? Is there a plan in place? The website lists all 2008 info. I know that the Alumni corps has announced there 2009 plans, but what about the competitive corps?

The more corps the better!

I would also like to hear if anyone knows anything about Excelsior. They had plans and a DCA schedule this season, but much like Sun Devils, didn't make it to Rochester....will they be back in 2009?

Edited by 27thAvantCadets

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's what I need more wrinkles on my face and grey hairs. I got my face wrinkled for the first time in 1971 at the Dream....In case you don't get this joke I would love to see Sky back on the field. I have never been blown away like I was at the 71 Dream with Sky. It is and was the most spine chilling experience I've ever had in Drum Corps and I marched with some great corps in my own right. A truly legendary performance. Kane...can I throw in the Sunrisers also?

George

Edited by Bucbari

The same sorts of things were said about the great Sunriser shows of the 70's when they were winning all the time, and they were said about the Bushwackers later on when they were cleaning up with some marvelous performances and shows. Very disparaging comments from DCA-old-timers about them being "DCI-lite" or something like that.

High quality is what places well....performance and design...look at the shows of corps that ended up close to the Bucs.

Bucs in the late 70's and 80's also. I still have chills run down my back when I hear the 1980 show.

Bucs in the late 70's and 80's also. I still have chills run down my back when I hear the 1980 show.

of course george......i would love to see the sunrisers and skyliners back on the field next year.the more the merrier.

Now that's what I need more wrinkles on my face and grey hairs. I got my face wrinkled for the first time in 1971 at the Dream....In case you don't get this joke I would love to see Sky back on the field. I have never been blown away like I was at the 71 Dream with Sky. It is and was the most spine chilling experience I've ever had in Drum Corps and I marched with some great corps in my own right. A truly legendary performance. Kane...can I throw in the Sunrisers also?

George

and my dad was in that 71 sky corps,so i've heard it many times.....and i know eaxctaly what your talking about.....i would have loved to hear that hornline blow my face off live.

Probably everybody and all of their brothers. :tongue:

and my dad was in that 71 sky corps,so i've heard it many times.....and i know eaxctaly what your talking about.....i would have loved to hear that hornline blow my face off live.

They were unbelievable that year. Great horn line.

George is absolutely correct about their Dream performance that year.... one for the ages.

Fran

heard a rumor of a possible new class A corps in PA...not talking about Philadelphia either.... :tongue:

That would be great!

why is it that a different style scares everyone so much? :tongue:

i saw it then back in the early 90's and it seems that the same issues still exist now over 15 years later.

i'd love to see a DCA corps be able to do something along the lines of what Phantom pulled off this year. or Crown. not a carbon copy ~ just produce really incredible shows. i don't like all DCI shows, but to say something of that genre wouldn't be welcome in a DCA atmosphere is wrong. one fan's opinion is another fan's bird cage liner.

lets make DCA more inclusive. Star should feel that they would be welcomed with open arms by many, many fans if they chose to compete in more than just the minicorps competition. IMO they would raise the level of competition for all the corps by their inclusion.

hell they said it about Sun in the early 80's, then Bush, even Westshore, lately Bucs.

it'll always be said, and, hopefully ignored

That would be great!

I'd love to know more about this rumor...